• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's AD&D 1E Game [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
No hurry. I'm pretty occupied with my job search, anyway, so I haven't thought too much about this game.

I will go ahead and throw this out, however: Is 1E AD&D the systen that everyone prefers, or is there a chance that we might try 5E? I ask because what I know of 5E so far shows it to be nearer to 1E than any of the other editions to date.

G

Guest 11456

No hurry. I'm pretty occupied with my job search, anyway, so I haven't thought too much about this game.

I will go ahead and throw this out, however: Is 1E AD&D the systen that everyone prefers, or is there a chance that we might try 5E? I ask because what I know of 5E so far shows it to be nearer to 1E than any of the other editions to date.

I have no preference.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
1E or OSRIC please. Old school is the selling point for me, and if this was a 5E game I wouldn't have bothered checking the thread. I don't have the time or money to learn a new system right now, hence my lack of 4E and 5E knowledge.

Leif

Adventurer
1E/OSRIC it is then!

Now, I have not done careful study of OSRIC, so is there any reason to choose one of those two over the other? And what races are we looking to have? Just PH races as per RAW, or do we want to get cute?

You guys want to just say RAW on everything?

Leif

Adventurer
I'm going to make sure that we're not overlooking anyone who wants to play, so I'm reviving the old recruiting thread for this game, here.

Please drop a not here for me stating the race/class/name(if aviliable) of the character(s) you wish to play. You'll be running up to two RCs apiece if desired and if there are less than four players. All PCs will start at 1st level.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Finally got another recruiting post up. Actually my last one was still the first post in the thread, but no one had responded after you guys. so this may be an exercise in futility. Let's give it a few more days, and then when you guys want we just go ahead and start.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sorry that I was gone for awhile. OSRIC is basically 1st Edition with some of the properties claimed by WoTC completely removed, such as mindflayers I believe. Getting my feet settled again so we can move along. I think I still need to purchase equipment for my second character.

Remove ads