• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [OOC 1]

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, I gave up mowing the front yard a couple years ago and just pay to have it done. I still mow the backyard which only needs mowing 3 or 4 times a year given the amount of shade there. Of course I had a nasty accident involving a rapidly flying lawn mower blade this spring that mostly just hurt my pride, but could have decapitated me had my luck been worse. I purchased a new lawn mower and stopped trying to fix the old junker after that. Blade came off and hit me in the leg and still had enough momentum to clear a six foot fence several yards away after bouncing off calf and heel. I got a cut and a couple really nasty bruises, but my rough and tumble redneck upbringing stood me in good stead and I shook it off.

I almost got the whole thing done yesterday. Just a small area on one parkway, and a strip behind the house left.

Holy crap. I pay to have my lawn (backyard and all) mowed every two weeks. Only because I hate doing it. I'd rather shovel snow twice than mow the lawn once. However, after that story.. I don't think I'll ever mow the lawn again.
No doubt! The only thing I hate more than mowing is giving some jack-leg good money to mow it, especially when I know he's not going to do it to suit me.

Scotley

Hero
Holy crap. I pay to have my lawn (backyard and all) mowed every two weeks. Only because I hate doing it. I'd rather shovel snow twice than mow the lawn once. However, after that story.. I don't think I'll ever mow the lawn again.

Well, much as I hate to admit it, I was being foolish. The blade kept coming loose and I thought turning the mower on its side to get a look at what was happening might help me solve the problem. In a way it did, I promptly went out and bought a new mower. :)

I have just a enough mechanical skill and knowledge to get myself in trouble. It took a few years and mistakes, but I now have a very firm rule about never trying to fix lawn mowers or plumbing. I think after I get zapped a few more times I'll give up fixing household electrical as well.

Scotley

Hero
I almost got the whole thing done yesterday. Just a small area on one parkway, and a strip behind the house left.

No doubt! The only thing I hate more than mowing is giving some jack-leg good money to mow it, especially when I know he's not going to do it to suit me.

Yeah, it hurts paying somebody as often as I have to this time of year. My yard is really more weeds than grass based upon how fast it grows.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
SO SORRY guys for my prolonged absence. I've just got married!!!! I thought I'd have a little time in the last prep time to post on here but I was gravely mistaken! Along with the honeymoon it's meant I've been away for too long. But I'm back now and back with my feet on the ground. Will take a day or so to catch up then I'm back with you!

Scotley

Hero
I was thinking just for himself. I guess if he sees that his companions are turning out empty pockets he might take pity on them. But at this point he knows one only a bit and just met the other.

Remove ads