• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@MetaVoid, I had assumed Spritewing was paralyzed because I didn't realize the she had an extra 2 HD as a companion. That alone makes her a 6 HD creature.

I think you are right that the bloodline levels make her a 8 HD creature since the Monstrous Companion ability is a level-based ability. She should have +4 HD, +4 Natural Armor Adj., +4 Str/Con, 3 bonus tricks, and the Link, Evasion, & Devotion special abilities.

(Make sure you update her stats accordingly.)

So, she's not paralyzed, but she was still dazed for a round and is weakened (-8 STR) for 5 rounds).

EDIT: BTW, it is your turn for round 1 of the new combat.

You also get 2 rounds of actions before round 1 officially begins.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm going to assume you want Spritewing to act on the same initiative turn as Rockhorn, but I'm going to list her separately. It is her, right?
  • Spritewing's Strength should be 14 while weakened. Her normal Strength should be 22.
  • Her Constitution as a 8 HD companion should be 20. (That's 8d10+40.)
  • I need an updated hit point total for her. Your PC sheet lists her current HP as 61. Did you roll for HP?
  • EDIT: And her AC should be 24 instead of 22.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
SDWjr on Discord said:
He has two rounds ...
He would ask, ask, Grattas to help move the unicorn out, while he would move to collect the staff lying on the ground, not checking if it is magic first, just grabbing it.

Leaving the statue to the care of others he would join in moving the unicorn out. Every time he passes the genie he would say something like 'pardon me, mi' lady or excellency or ...'
Vinny moving to the staff and picking it up off the floor is one round of actions (two move actions). Gattas can double move (40 ft.) to stand next to the unicorn in the same round.

In the next round, Vinny can move to the unicorn (another 10 ft.) and then begin dragging the unicorn out of the room with Gattas help. (The dungeonbred unicorn weighs 150 lb.) While weakened, the pegasus exceeds the maximum load of both Vinny and Gattas, so they can only drag at half speed.

That's a total movement of 20 feet for Gattas with a double move. That's 15 feet for Vinny with one move action (minus the 10 feet from the staff to the unicorn.)

Vinny can drag the unicorn another 20 feet by himself into the corridor even with his Strength reduced to 5, but it very hard on him.

Once the unicorn reaches the corridor, it disappears back to its place of origin.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round One [Update #2]
Maggs, Loyalist Fanatic: 24 (double move)
Vincenzo (bless, haste, lesser vigor; weakened): 21 (casts bear's endurance)
Eeldai [djinni] (bless; weakened): 19 (5 ft step back out into corridor; readies action for when Loyalists appear)
Loyalist Soldiers [x2]: 16 (move actions)
Kellam Black, Loyalist Fanatic Leader: 16 (delayed; double move)
Custodio (bless, haste, lesser vigor; poisoned [delayed]): 15 (feeds lesser restoration potion to Tuck)
The Knight (bless, bull's strength, haste, lesser vigor; cursed): 14 (moves to pick up dagger on table)
-- Weakened effect of bugbear cleric's Blasphemy ends on Initiative Count 13 in Round 3 --
Spritewing (bless, haste; weakened): 13 (flies across room)
Rockhorn (bless, benediction, haste, lesser vigor; weakened): 13 (takes out rope [move action]; casts levitate on petrified wizard)
Vitus (bless, invisibility purge; weakened): 13 (casts sustain on Eeldai and the Knight)
Gattas [prisoner] (weakened): 12 (takes out potion; moves into corridor; drops shield)
Akos (bless): 12 (healing blast on Rockhorn and Spritewing)
Cassara, Loyalist Fanatic: 8 (double move)
Kefax Fetolsson, Loyalist Commander: 8 (double move)
Tuck (bless, haste): 7 (gets up from prone; drinks healing potion)
Tymbeck (bless, haste, protection from fire; poisoned, weakened): 6
Living Altar [construct]: 3 (uses Overwhelming Mind to link Ting to Falen)
Falen (bless; weakened): 2 (delays until link is made; double move)
Ting [psicrystal]: 2 (delayed; flies to Falen after link established) ⬅️
Lithia [prisoner] (unconscious): 0

===========================================
Character's weakened from the bugbear's blasphemy regain their Strength in round 3 of this combat. Round 1 is equal what would have been round 11.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Neurotic, these items on the bugbear cleric detect as magical...
  • Breastplate (Moderate Abjuration)
  • Heavy Mace (Moderate Evocation)
  • Heavy Steel Shield (Moderate Abjuration)
The bugbear's only other gear of note is an anathema holy symbol.

The bugbear also has four other auras on him that don't seem to be tied to any of his gear: a moderate abjuration aura and three faint transmutation auras.

There is a magical dagger lying on the floor next to the dead thug right beside the northwest pillar. It detects as Moderate Evocation.

All of the Loyalists and thugs have moderate transmutation auras on them like with the bugbear. Their armour (and the Loyalists' shields) also have faint transmutation auras on them. The dead Loyalist wizard has two lingering auras on him: a Faint Abjuration aura and a Faint Conjuration aura.

Each Loyalist has a potion bottle on them that detects as Strong Conjuration. The bugbear cleric doesn't have any potion bottles on him.

The fine-looking dagger that the knight picks up off the table doesn't have an aura on it.

The other weapons scattered across the room don't have auras on them that Akos can detect.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
On his turn, Gattas takes a potion bottle off his belt and offers it to the genie. She refuses to take it from him, as she doesn't trust the man. He will then move back out into the corridor to stand behind Vincenzo.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Tellerian Hawke,

While Tim's Strength is reduced to 19, he can lift up to 700 lb. off the ground (double max. load). While doing so, he is denied his Dexterity bonus to AC and can only move 5 feet per round as a full-round action.

I'm fairly certain you would add the effects of Haste to that 5 feet (up to a total of 35 ft.' depending on Tim's Speed). What is Tim's normal movement again? I think I remember that it is at least 20 to 30 feet. Or is it more?

EDIT: Tim has two rounds of actions before round 1 starts.

Remove ads