• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kronos - Wrath of the Titans - SUPERSOLO

Is this the most epic encounter for 4th Edition to date?

Hey all, in anticipation of the new Wrath of the Titans movie, I used my Supersolo rules to conjure up some stats for the BBEG, Kronos.

Wrath of the Titans – Kronos Eternity Publishing

In a nutshell, Supersolo monsters have more than one solo stat-block. I don't think that, pound for pound, solo monsters carry enough clout within the epic tier and rather than simply use higher and higher level solo's, where the math may start to outstrip the PCs ability to hit it I thought it would be better to increase their power laterally instead.

Let me know what you think?

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Note: the triple dude joined at the waist is probably Geryon, not one of the three Hekatoncheires (Cottus, Giges and Briareus).

Pour

First Post
Awesome stuff, man. I think the two-column stat block is initially intimidating, but manageable, and I love your encounter work in general. I admire anyone pushing the design space like your previews for the Vampire Bestiary. Can't wait to purchase it.

I have my own kind of super-solos I'll share in a new thread so as not to hijack or anything, but your work really inspired me to try my hand at home brew solo design. Thanks!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7013/6620995687_7a09ea65a2_b.jpg

Hey Klaus! :)

Klaus said:
Note: the triple dude joined at the waist is probably Geryon, not one of the three Hekatoncheires (Cottus, Giges and Briareus).

Triple-dude, I thought it was just a double-dude. Either way it looks cool as heck. I suppose we'll see in the movie soon enough.

Hey there Pour! :)

Pour said:
Awesome stuff, man. I think the two-column stat block is initially intimidating, but manageable,

I think there is a big amount of space used in explaining the "Boss Monster", "Boss Resilience" and "Gargantuan Size" Trait mechanics. Other than that its a pretty normal sized monster stat-block for a solo monster. I like that 4E doesn't make you reference other books with its stat blocks so I try to get everything necessary in there.

Incidently, I think I may need an additional Triggered Action "Sink" (Immediate Reaction) that removes Kronos temporarily from play when he meets his hit point markers. I'll see what sort of feedback I get over the next few days and make any necessary changes.

and I love your encounter work in general.

Thanks for the kind words. :eek:

I admire anyone pushing the design space like your previews for the Vampire Bestiary. Can't wait to purchase it.

I just wish I could get these books out quicker - so many ideas, so little time. :.-(

I have my own kind of super-solos I'll share in a new thread so as not to hijack or anything, but your work really inspired me to try my hand at home brew solo design. Thanks!

Its always encouraging to hear things like that.

Remove ads