• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KOTS Wizard Spellbook Question

fnwc

Explorer
I just my copy of KOTS and I was reviewing the PCs and noticed the Human Wizard has the Spellbook class feature that allows them to have one extra daily spell that they prepare at the end of an extended rest.

At first level, this is Acid Arrow or Sleep, so the Wizard can prepare either for use later in the day.

However, at 2nd level, they get a Daily Utility (Expeditious Retreat).

I am assuming that the class follows the pattern of the other classes; they will be able to cast Expeditious Retreat and choose between Sleep or Acid Arrow each day.

The wording isn't clear on the Spellbook class feature, so I wanted to get a clarification -- RAW seems to indicate that even at 2nd level the Wizard could only cast one Daily 'spell' and choose between all three (Acid Arrow, Sleep, Expeditious Retreat) -- but this doesn't seem correct.

Mort_Q

First Post
fnwc said:
I am assuming that ... they will be able to cast Expeditious Retreat and choose between Sleep or Acid Arrow each day.

You assume correctly. Utility Powers, Daily Powers, and Encounter Powers, may all be spells for a caster, but they're not the same thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads