• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

King Osdann (regarding that Slaine RPG and the Invulnerable-King module.)

Hello there, since I have been busy working on getting my introduction to DMing a game of Slaine a Game of Celtic Heros in order. I have been filling out character stats for the villain King Osdann taken from the first adventure module that came with the source books for this game. I need to add his deity. At first I used Danu, and then read a little later that he rejected Danu's gift of death and is most probably a follower of Crom-Cruache or the perverted side of Carnun or maybe old Feg himself.

I just want this clarified...I could be wrong...

I would like to know what do the Slaine acronyms SA (SA Tribe (Fir-Domain); Magic Attack Bonus +3) and SQ (SQ Damage Reduction) 40/artefact Base EP 7 (EP Earth-Power... yes, I know that one!)

????

Here are some more acronyms I don't know from Slaine's stats and background for Avagddu...

ApplicationFrameHost_HcC76ydr7t.png

I'm talking about what is written after SPREAD DISEASE, IMPROVED GRAB, SWALLOW WHOLE, EL SUBTYPE & DAMAGE RESISTANCE in brackets. What do those letters mean? Also, what is meant by Damage Resistance 20/artefact weapons? This needs further explanation.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Su is short for supernatural; Ex is short for, I think, Extraordinary. In 3e these meant that the supernatural effect could be shut down with antimagic spells but extraordinary would keep work.

Damage Resistance 20/artefact means that it reduces all physical damage from attacks by 20, unless they are dealt damage by an artefact weapon.

Regular 3.5e had monsters with damage resistance 5/magic or DR 10/magic and silver as other examples.

Remove ads