• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Kercpa 5E Stats?

Dire Bare

Legend
If anybody can point me to some good 5E stats for the kercpa race . . . small squirrel people from 2nd Edition. I'm not looking for a PC race write-up, but monster stats I can use to create a kercpa sidekick. I think my firbolg paladin (oath of ancients) needs a little squirrel buddy!

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
There are a couple of things in Kobold Press's Tome of Beasts that you could maybe adapt, if you can't find what you're looking for. The Burrowlings are prairie-dog-people, and the Erina are hedgehog-people.

the Jester

Legend
Here is my homebrewed conversion. Feel free to use it as you see fit. Note that the source is the primary inspiration for the conversion, not necessarily the first appearance, and that the lore is adapted from the original to suit my campaign world, so feel free to adapt, change, or ignore it as suits your needs.

EDIT: Just to point out- these are absolutely not designed for use as pcs. The stealing thing is pretty kender-ish, and I find it extremely obnoxious in a pc.

KERCPA

Source:
2e Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume IV.

Kercpa (singular and plural) are small, squirrel-like humanoids. Intelligent and curious, they are friendly but notorious for stealing small items. Most kercpa live in forests in the wilds of the world, but they can be found anywhere that squirrels can be found. In recent decades, several tribes of kercpa have migrated into the Feywild.

Surprisingly Civilized. An entire kercpa town can dwell in a single large tree. Thus, most creatures are unaware of how civilized they are. Kercpa wear clothes, use tools and weapons, have complex crafts, create music and art and have many other civilized trappings that often surprise larger creatures. When kercpa artifacts are found by larger creatures, they are often mistaken for toys.

Gifting and Stealing. Kercpa society places a high value on both gifting and stealing. When one kercpa gifts an object to another, the recipient is placed in the giver's debt. However, this is not a debt that can ever be repaid; instead, it is one thread of the relationship between the two. Mutual debts of gratitude between kercpa are a primary social glue for the creatures. On the other hand, kercpa delight in stealing things, not because of the value of the stolen object but for the joy of getting away with something. Since kercpa have a very transitory, ephemeral at best sense of property, such thefts are a normal part of kercpa society, but other creatures often misinterpret such mischief.

Little Scamps. Kercpa are mischievous pranksters who enjoy teasing other creatures and, while not fearless, often allow their sense of fun to get in the way of good sense. Easily distracted, prone to chatter and fond of food and drink, kercpa are the life of any party that they are invited to- but may the gods help the hosts, as the silverware vanishes and someone shaves the cat.

Kercpa Treasure. Kercpa communities of up to 20 individuals have a 20% chance each of having 3d10 cp, sp, ep and gp. Groups of 21 to 100 have a 30% chance each of having 2d6 x 10 cp, sp, ep and gp. Groups of 101 to 500 have a 50% chance each of having 1d10 x 50 cp, sp, ep and gp, and a 25% chance of having 3d10 pp.

Kercpa
Tiny humanoid (kercpa), chaotic neutral
Armor Class 14 (leather armor)
Hit Points 5 (2d4)
Speed 25 ft., climb 20 ft.

STR 2 (-4), DEX 17 (+3), CON 10 (+0),
INT 10 (+0), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 13 (+1)

Saving Throws
Dex +5
Skills Acrobatics +5, Sleight of Hand +5
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Kercpa
Challenge 1/8 (25 xp)

Scamper. The kercpa can Disengage or Dash on its turn as a bonus action.

ACTIONS

Tiny Sword.
Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 2 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) slashing damage.

Tiny Bow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 20/80 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) piercing damage.

Dire Bare

Legend
Here is my homebrewed conversion. Feel free to use it as you see fit. Note that the source is the primary inspiration for the conversion, not necessarily the first appearance, and that the lore is adapted from the original to suit my campaign world, so feel free to adapt, change, or ignore it as suits your needs.

EDIT: Just to point out- these are absolutely not designed for use as pcs. The stealing thing is pretty kender-ish, and I find it extremely obnoxious in a pc.

KERCPA

Source:
2e Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume IV.

Kercpa (singular and plural) are small, squirrel-like humanoids. Intelligent and curious, they are friendly but notorious for stealing small items. Most kercpa live in forests in the wilds of the world, but they can be found anywhere that squirrels can be found. In recent decades, several tribes of kercpa have migrated into the Feywild.

Surprisingly Civilized. An entire kercpa town can dwell in a single large tree. Thus, most creatures are unaware of how civilized they are. Kercpa wear clothes, use tools and weapons, have complex crafts, create music and art and have many other civilized trappings that often surprise larger creatures. When kercpa artifacts are found by larger creatures, they are often mistaken for toys.

Gifting and Stealing. Kercpa society places a high value on both gifting and stealing. When one kercpa gifts an object to another, the recipient is placed in the giver's debt. However, this is not a debt that can ever be repaid; instead, it is one thread of the relationship between the two. Mutual debts of gratitude between kercpa are a primary social glue for the creatures. On the other hand, kercpa delight in stealing things, not because of the value of the stolen object but for the joy of getting away with something. Since kercpa have a very transitory, ephemeral at best sense of property, such thefts are a normal part of kercpa society, but other creatures often misinterpret such mischief.

Little Scamps. Kercpa are mischievous pranksters who enjoy teasing other creatures and, while not fearless, often allow their sense of fun to get in the way of good sense. Easily distracted, prone to chatter and fond of food and drink, kercpa are the life of any party that they are invited to- but may the gods help the hosts, as the silverware vanishes and someone shaves the cat.

Kercpa Treasure. Kercpa communities of up to 20 individuals have a 20% chance each of having 3d10 cp, sp, ep and gp. Groups of 21 to 100 have a 30% chance each of having 2d6 x 10 cp, sp, ep and gp. Groups of 101 to 500 have a 50% chance each of having 1d10 x 50 cp, sp, ep and gp, and a 25% chance of having 3d10 pp.

Kercpa
Tiny humanoid (kercpa), chaotic neutral
Armor Class 14 (leather armor)
Hit Points 5 (2d4)
Speed 25 ft., climb 20 ft.

STR 2 (-4), DEX 17 (+3), CON 10 (+0),
INT 10 (+0), WIS 10 (+0), CHA 13 (+1)

Saving Throws
Dex +5
Skills Acrobatics +5, Sleight of Hand +5
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Kercpa
Challenge 1/8 (25 xp)

Scamper. The kercpa can Disengage or Dash on its turn as a bonus action.

ACTIONS

Tiny Sword.
Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 2 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) slashing damage.

Tiny Bow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 20/80 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) piercing damage.
Thanks @the Jester! This is what I was looking for!

If anybody else wants to share their homebrew stats, or offer suggestions to modify Jester's, chime in!

Possibly the most adorable monster conversion ever! ;)

Remove ads