• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jim Ward's 1492

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I don't know it I should have put this here or the Publisher's Forum but I thought it be seen more here.

Does anyone know what ever happened to this? I know Fast Forward went under but I thought he was still going to release this under a different imprint. It's been a long time since then. It seemed it was going to be a cool game, the write up for it on his old website was great IMO. Just wondering if I missed this.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I found this at Mortality.net:

Title: 1492:Conquista del Magico RPG
Type: Role Playing Game
Release Date: November 2002
Authors: Timothy Brown
Cover Art: Robh Ruppel
Stock Number: FAF1492
Suggested Retail: $44.99
ISBN: 0-9719598-6-2
Format: 324-page, 8 3/8 x
10 7/8 hardcover, color cover, full color interior
Description: In 1492, Columbus discovered...Magic!
A great new roleplaying game emerges from the pages of history. Sword and sorcery were never more wed than in 1492  Conquista del Magico. Columbus did indeed sail the ocean blue in 1492, and he crossed over into the Magical Hemisphere. On returning to Spain, he presented Ferdinand and Isabella with an ambassador from a huge elven nation, presenting gifts of a glowing sword and magical amulet! Players become the new explorers and conquistadors who follow in Columbus's footsteps, discovering whole new continents of elves, dwarves, orcs, and trolls. Set sail under the flags of Spain, Portugal, England, or other nations eager for empire, gold, and magic in 1492: Conquista del Magico, a world of mariners, myth, and magic! Timothy Brown, the co-creator of the Dark Sun world for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons now presents a whole new game system and world, an alternate history of discovery and magic!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I strongly recommend you check out our own Dougmander's Northern Crown, published (I believe) by Atlas. It's similar in theme and a great delight.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I strongly recommend you check out our own Dougmander's Northern Crown, published (I believe) by Atlas. It's similar in theme and a great delight.

Yes, it is. If a couple of centuries after the period of this one, but hey. :)

Cheers,
Cam

dougmander

Explorer
I seem to remember hearing about 1492 back when Northern Crown was in development, and admiring the great premise for it. Then it disappeared.

Thanks for the praise, you guys!

Remove ads