D&D General Is There Any Real Existing Lore for Dromites (3.5e Expanded Psionics Handbook)?

the Jester

Legend
Hey guys! The dromite is a race in the 3.5e XPH, basically a little humanoid insect dude that is genderless except for their Grand Queen and Elected Consort. They live in hives underground and form life bonds that kinda-sorta resemble human families.

Has there ever been an adventure that featured them? Or a sourcebook that detailed e.g. a dromite hive or gave more lore about them? I've got a group of pcs who are interacting with one and may visit a hive soon, and while I can make up the details whole cloth, I'd love to know what has been presented about them already that I haven't seen.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I know that dromites get a little bit of development in Eberron, albeit not much. In this article from WotC's website, they're supposedly the ones who originated the soulbow prestige class (from Complete Psionic). They also get some coverage (minor, as I recall) in Secrets of Sarlona.

There are also a few third-party products that cover them, such as Dreamscarred Press's Races of the Mind: Dromite (3.5) and Little Red Goblin Games' Little Red Goblin Games Racial Guide 2.5 Halfbreeds and Hybrids (PF1), which has the "rust caste dromite," a hybrid dromite/rust monster PC race.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Remove ads