• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Irreconcilable differences?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Fortunately the Bimbo Summit has been convened to deal with these pressing issues:

front112906.jpg

kenobi65

First Post
The latest twist to the Britney/K-Fed story:

Some are alleging that she dumped him via a text message. In a story in the Chicago Tribune today, they say that K-Fed was giving an interview, talking happily about her and the kids, when he got a text message from her, and became visibly shaken afterwards. (Apparently, there's a video of this on YouTube.)

White trash, indeed. :D

kenobi65

First Post
Aurora said:
She is trailer park all the way.

I think that, when she was in her teens and early 20s, her public persona managed to hide that fact a little better. Esp. since she and K-Fed married, it's gotten more obvious.

Dannyalcatraz said:
Y'know...ethnicity is a funny thing.

In most of the South, especially my native Louisiana, there is no question that I'm "black."

However, according to Texas, blacks are of non-hispanic origin, making me "hispanic" here.

Thus, I have occasionally had to correct racists who call me names...introducing them to the terms "Nic" or "Spigger." Of course, this is usually too much for them, and after being struck dumb with mortal confusion, their heads explode in a display of stars 'n' bars.

BTW- my complex ethnicity & how its regarded in the USA completely blows the minds of the Europeans and Middle Eastern people I know.

I'm half-Italian (but I don't really look like I am). People call me a "wog" all the time (mostly friends in a "nice" derogatory way :) ). "I tell them that I'm a dago not a wog. If you're going to racially vilify me, at least do it correctly!"

Of course this is all done in humour.

And for those that don't know, "wog" refers to those of Greek origin, "dago" to those of Italian origin although wog tends to be the commonly used term for a lot of people that look like that (including Lebanese for example).

And so ends today's lesson in racial slurs in Australia. :D

Olaf the Stout

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Olaf the Stout said:
I'm half-Italian (but I don't really look like I am). People call me a "wog" all the time (mostly friends in a "nice" derogatory way :) ). "I tell them that I'm a dago not a wog. If you're going to racially vilify me, at least do it correctly!"

Of course this is all done in humour.

And for those that don't know, "wog" refers to those of Greek origin, "dago" to those of Italian origin although wog tends to be the commonly used term for a lot of people that look like that (including Lebanese for example).

And so ends today's lesson in racial slurs in Australia. :D

Olaf the Stout

I've always wondered about that, since my home town didn't have any significant Greek or Italian presence. I remember having to ask what a "wog" was, when it came up in a comedy circa 1988.

Personally, I get a bit tired of the suspicious glances I get when sitting on the train with a full backback (I'm said to look a little bit "Middle Eastern", although I am not). Interesting times we live in. :\

---
As for the Britney / K-Fed thing. Man alive... it's hard enough going through break ups, let alone in public. Still, they seem very, um. Unwise.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
I figured it would happen eventually, white trash is white trash.
which I can point out because that's where I came from it's pretty bad when you come up with a character for the Stereotype League called Mullet Man and you can base him off your own relatives.

Far as "wog" goes I always heard it used in the old naval sense of the word "anybody from any country that isn't mine."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, "wop" IS a derogatory term for someone of Italian decent- at least in New Orleans, so I can understand the confusion.

And as a testimony to the psyche of that great city that you could often go into quite reputable places and order "Wop Salad"...even in Italian places.

People are a wonderment!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads