• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General In which my middle-school son makes a D&D comic

Voadam

Legend
Lots of fun. :)

Wondering what language he is using for the kobolds.

First use of dissonant whispers dissonant is misspelled.

Stormonu

Legend
Ha! love the bear turning on its former master.

Is this drawn from an actual game that was played, or is he making it up from scratch?

Daztur

Adventurer
Lots of fun. :)

Wondering what language he is using for the kobolds.

First use of dissonant whispers dissonant is misspelled.
Doh on the typo.

The kobold language is draconic from here: Draconic Translator

Ha! love the bear turning on its former master.

Is this drawn from an actual game that was played, or is he making it up from scratch?

Yeah, the bear has long been popular.

Some elements are from actual games (casting sleep on flying kobolds etc. the gelatinous cube is based on bits of Caverns of Thracia) and a lot of the characters are from a series of actual games (the halfling paladin is my son's old character, Egil is my old PC with a new spin I originally had him more of a Zap Brannigan-style sleepy braggart while this version is more rogueish, the wizard Egbert is an annoying NPC from my old campaign who had a nasal voice that drove my son up the wall) but the main thrust of the story is entirely original.

Junior tries to keep things pretty true to DnD rules, to the extent of trying to CharOp some of the PCs :)

Remove ads