• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Images to spark creativity

ilgatto

How inconvenient
@ilgatto - some great stuff there!
Thanks. Glad you like them.

Rodney Matthews is brilliant...but you might be interested to know he's on public record as decrying the use of his images as RPG aids!
Fixed. :)

(he was one of the Satanic panic crowd back in the 80s; I could dig up the relevant quote(s) in a book of his I have if it matters).
But seriously. Having spent most of my life so far with open-minded, reasonable people - i.e., D&D-ers - I'm surprised all over again each time I hear that someone actually believed that D&D-ers cast spells and summoned devils and demons for real (even though we only did that in the 80s, of course). Always makes me wonder where such folks get it from and what that means for who they are and how they live. Moreover, to hear that one of them is an artist I'm a huge fan of does sort of taint the pictures so I'll do my best to forget I've ever heard of this. Shouldn't be to hard, for I forget a lot of things. :)

So of course I've run one dungeon based completely on one of his artworks, and have a poster of another of his pieces right in front of me as I type this... :)
:ROFLMAO: Excellent!
Which one did you use?

By the by @Dannyalcatraz, aren't we skating on thin ice here by putting up pics here, copyleft-wise, I mean?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
By the by @Dannyalcatraz, aren't we skating on thin ice here by putting up pics here, copyleft-wise, I mean?
Possibly.

So if there’s ever a proper request for taking down an image- either personally, to ENWorld, or whatever site(s) host the image- the response should be removal of the image.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
But seriously. Having spent most of my life so far with open-minded, reasonable people - i.e., D&D-ers - I'm surprised all over again each time I hear that someone actually believed that D&D-ers cast spells and summoned devils and demons for real (even though we only did that in the 80s, of course). Always makes me wonder where such folks get it from and what that means for who they are and how they live. Moreover, to hear that one of them is an artist I'm a huge fan of does sort of taint the pictures so I'll do my best to forget I've ever heard of this. Shouldn't be to hard, for I forget a lot of things. :)
I didn't so much forget it as intentionally ignored it. :)
:ROFLMAO: Excellent!
Which one did you use?
I think it's called "The Tower" - image is of a huge natural-looking tower of rock rising out of a valley, with a castle on top and a path spiralling up to it. I had the party appear in the castle and have to a) fight their way otu, b) figure out where they were, and c) get home.

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Funny how each time I look through this thread I find something I didn't see earlier. State of mind? Not really looking? There's probably some scientific explanation.

Same with my own collection, so here goes.

First, I simply must remind everybody of a picture posted by @zarionofarabel, here, for I do believe it is one of the most inspiring and beautiful things I've ever seen.

npcs-warrior=unknown.jpg

Why? I just can't put my finger on it. And that's probably why.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads