• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ignoring Miss Chance

So I was looking at various forums for rogue ideas and while I got a lot of good ones I saw something about a feat or item or something that lets the character ignore miss chance, primarily in conjunction with the Ring of Blinking. Does any one have any ideas what this might be and where it can be found? Thanks

Dandu

First Post
Wield Ghost Touch weapons if melee? (I am under the impression that things that leave your possession, such as arrows, cease to be affected by the Blink spell and phase back into the material plane.)

[MENTION=85158]Dandu[/MENTION] good idea but unfortunately Ghost Touch only allows you to target creatures that are ethereal or on the ethereal plane not vice versa unfortunately.
[MENTION=36016]grogg[/MENTION] I totally forgot that one. Though not sure it will work well with my build will keep it in mind for a variant SA rogue.

Last edited:

Dandu

First Post
[MENTION=85158]Dandu[/MENTION] good idea but unfortunately Ghost Touch only allows you to target creatures that are ethereal or on the ethereal plane not vice versa unfortunately.

There is more to it than that; the weapon can be picked up and moved by an incorporeal creature at any time. A manifesting ghost can wield the weapon against corporeal foes. Essentially, a ghost touch weapon counts as either corporeal or incorporeal at any given time, whichever is more beneficial to the wielder.

Voadam

Legend
True Strike allows you to ignore the miss chance for concealment. Probably won't help with blinking, but would work for any other kind. UMD and a wand will get it for you if you need one sniper shot from concealment against a concealed opponent.

N'raac

First Post
So I was looking at various forums for rogue ideas and while I got a lot of good ones I saw something about a feat or item or something that lets the character ignore miss chance, primarily in conjunction with the Ring of Blinking. Does any one have any ideas what this might be and where it can be found? Thanks

I found what I was looking for, Pierce Magical Concealment, but willing to hear any other ideas.

feat said:
Benefit: Your contempt for magic allows you to disregard the miss chance granted by spells or spell-like abilities that create concealment (i.e.: Darkness, Blur, Invisibility, Etc.). In addition, mirror image has no effect on you. This ability does not cancel normal concealment. If you are a spellcaster and you take this feat, your caster level and spell DCs is reduced by 4 levels for all spells and spell-like effects.

Blink Blink

Blink said:
Blinking has several effects, as follows.

Physical attacks against you have a 50% miss chance, and the Blind-Fight feat doesn’t help opponents, since you’re ethereal and not merely invisible. If the attack is capable of striking ethereal creatures, the miss chance is only 20% (for concealment).

If the attacker can see invisible creatures, the miss chance is also only 20%. (For an attacker who can both see and strike ethereal creatures, there is no miss chance.) Likewise, your own attacks have a 20% miss chance, since you sometimes go ethereal just as you are about to strike.

Seems like your 20% miss chance (as the guy Blinking) is not the result of concealment, and would not be altered by the Pierce Magical Concealment feat. You need the Ghost Touch weapon/effect suggested above, as your miss chance relates to etherealness.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads