• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If You Need a Cane, Buy One of These

R_J_K75

Legend
"Tactical" is that just because it is painted black? It doesn't seem to conceal a firearm or even a sword. It doesn't even have straps and those plastic clips you get with "Tactical" stuff, and where's the urban camo pattern?
I was wondering why it was called a "tactical" walking cane myself? I suspect its just a fancy name to attract customers.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I was wondering why it was called a "tactical" walking cane myself? I suspect its just a fancy name to attract customers.

Well, that depends... Those handles have a good curve to them and end in a fairly sharp edge. About the right length for bataireacht (Irish stick fighting) and they'd be decent for tripping or jabbing.

R_J_K75

Legend
Those handles have a good curve to them and end in a fairly sharp edge
Yeah the edge of the handle is pretty sharp. As a matter of fact I was just telling someone yesterday that it would probably leave a pretty jagged gash. Not sharp enough to cut you while walking with it though.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Yeah the edge of the handle is pretty sharp. As a matter of fact I was just telling someone yesterday that it would probably leave a pretty jagged gash. Not sharp enough to cut you while walking with it though.

Bataireacht uses a different grip than Asian stick-fighting and uses a lot of punching motions - you could put a serious hole in somebody's skull with one of those.

Bagpuss

Legend

You should look up cane fighting techniques, I saw a demonstration at the Royal Armouries in Leeds once, very enlightening.

Remove ads