• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you have played 3.5e regularly within the past 5 years, what are you playing now?

Played 3.5e regularly within the past 5 years: What are you mainly playing now?

• 4e

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • 3.5e

Votes: 43 22.5%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Other (Variants, Older Versions, etc.)

Votes: 40 20.9%

• Poll closed .

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I've played all of the above and others in the past few months. Too bad there's no way to choose multiple options.

*edit* So I chose "Other" :)

Last edited:

weem

First Post
Was playing 3.5 until 4e released and switched to that.

Played that non-stop until the end of last year (Nov 2010) -- we're now playing Pathfinder. Played in the first game of a new campaign last night in fact (and had a blast).

Henry

Autoexreginated
Couldn't answer predominantly, because it's an exact 50/50 split between Pathfinder and 4E (non-esentials classes) right now.

Whichever you choose, if the DM and players are favorable to the system, you can't go wrong.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Still playing 3.5 D&D and still really enjoying it. We're currently playing Paizo's Curse of the Crimson Throne and having a very enjoyable time. Hell, I'm still picking up the occasional 3ed book or magazine here and there, even though my shelves are creaking!

Good luck whatever you choose to play :)

Arkhandus

First Post
Mostly 3.5, a bit of other d20 stuff. I'm about to DM a Pathfinder game, and I've played in a handful of others (all short) over the past year or two. Currently playing in one 3.5 game and a 3.5 PbP, DMing two 3.5 games, and now playing in an M&M PbP. Also DMing a d20 Modern/Future game, but it's been erratic with lots of player absences and a few times where I had to cancel.

Still trying to find someone to play Chronicles of Ramlar with. Or Arcana Unearthed/Evolved. Or EoM: Revised, or EverQuest d20, or Shadowrun 3E (though at least I've played and GMed a handful of SR3 sessions before), or various others...... And still hoping to find a new group for 3.0 D&D. At some point I'll resume playing/DMing 2E AD&D as well, just not sure when I'll get around to that (don't have my Core Rules 2 CD-ROMs installed).

Ahnehnois

First Post
I'm playing 3.5; at least that's the skeleton. With the amount of UA, PF, and TB variants that I've used (plus my own houserules) it's very different. I've never seriously considered abandoning it, only modifying the game to my tastes (it is the toolbox edition after all).

jedavis

First Post
Currently running Mongoose Traveller, but we play a Trailblazer variant back home. A friend of mine is probably running PF/TB/3.5 next semester. Tried 4e a couple times, was not compelled to switch.

RainOfSteel

Explorer
Pathfinder.

If I liked anything from 3.x and before that isn't in Pathfinder, I use it. I often tend to view 3.x as almost compatible with Pathfinder (hey, that's just my opinion), so conversion efforts on my part are minimal. I just wing it when using monsters, etc., from 3.x or even AD&D when I don't have them from Pathfinder. If someone else has already converted something to 3.x, I use that conversion. I add house rules if I want.

I do not use the other d20 systems due to money limitations or 4.x due to personal preference.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads