• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E "I Have...the Power!" - Your Picks for Next Power Source

Aristotle

First Post
I think too much emphasis is being placed on the planes as power sources. The feywild, shadowfell, and elements are arcane. The astral sea is divine. Those are already tapped, and with a race in the PHB actually making their homes in the feywild and being good arcane casters, I think that's a pretty solid opinion.

Don't forget that they've already stated that additional character classes (presumably for power sources that have already received the PHB treatment) will be published in Dragon and in supplements so necromancers, elementalists, druids, and so on could still belong to arcane, divine, or martial power sources rather than overlapping sources.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Let's see if we can't guess what the 4e Psi characters will be...

Defender = Psychic Warrior, Egoist
Striker = Soulknife, Nomad, Kineticist
Leader = Ardent, Seer
Controller = Telepath, Shaper

Fieari

Explorer
I want to see Glamour as a power source, not in the hands of a druid, but in the hands of actual fey. Fairies that have more flavor than mere... er... whatever they are in 3e. In fact, fairies with any flavor at all would be an improvement.

I'm not asking for fey classes, but, with Glamour as their power source, to have different fey that fit the various roles.

Kintara

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
Let's see if we can't guess what the 4e Psi characters will be...

Defender = Psychic Warrior, Egoist
Striker = Soulknife, Nomad, Kineticist
Leader = Ardent, Seer
Controller = Telepath, Shaper
Oooh, I want a Seer Leader right now! Stop stuff before it happens!

the Jester

Legend
I think that we'll see:

Psionics
Ki (may be the same as psionics, may be split by the time they release it)
Shadow/Shadowfell
Nature/Feywild

I love the idea of a Far Realms power source. :] If WotC doesn't do it, I prolly will on my own.

Kaffis

First Post
Elemental. And then, they can assign each of the classical 4 elements to a role, and we would truly have the Fantastic Four...

Mercule

Adventurer
Kaffis said:
Elemental. And then, they can assign each of the classical 4 elements to a role, and we would truly have the Fantastic Four...

I really hope "Elemental" isn't a power source in itself. I'd rather see it rolled into a "planar" or similar source.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads