• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have the Eberron Player's Guide and Kingdom of Ghouls

John Lynch

First Post
3.5 Artificers has something similar to a familar but it was a construct (it looked mechanical in the pictures I remember), i was asking if there was something similar to them in the book
For a 4th ed version you can take the Familiar feat from Arcane Power and select a familiar from a Dragon article including. I don't know which source these familiars are from, but there are:
* Crafter Homunculus - Enemies adjacent to this homunculus take -1 penalty to defences against alchemical items.
* Canine Construct
* Scout Homunculus

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
I'm wondering something about E2.

SPOILERS FOR THE ADVENTURES AHEAD!

Ahem... anyway, in P2 they introduced a powerful artifact that the PCs are assumed to grab, and they state that it will have an important role to play in the rest of the campaign.
In P3 and E1 there is not a single mention of it or even the tiniest hint. I was sorely disappointed - I mean, surely when they meet the Raven Queen she should recognize the thing and at least make some comment about it.
So... does Nightbringer get a speaking part in E2? Or at least some mention of the fact that its final power is kind of useful if the party wants to storm Orcus' realm?

Jack99

Adventurer
I'm wondering something about E2.

SPOILERS FOR THE ADVENTURES AHEAD!

Ahem... anyway, in P2 they introduced a powerful artifact that the PCs are assumed to grab, and they state that it will have an important role to play in the rest of the campaign.
In P3 and E1 there is not a single mention of it or even the tiniest hint. I was sorely disappointed - I mean, surely when they meet the Raven Queen she should recognize the thing and at least make some comment about it.
So... does Nightbringer get a speaking part in E2? Or at least some mention of the fact that its final power is kind of useful if the party wants to storm Orcus' realm?

Its mentioned - Depending on how the end of P2 is handled, it will resurface and as either an ally or an enemy. If as an enemy, it will turn an other decent n+1 encounter into an n+3 going on n+4 encounter. This one might be a killer unless the players just rested.

morgul97

First Post
How would you rate the artwork? Does it do a good job of capturing the noir, pulp, cyberpunk, lost-world, fantasy feel that the setting is supposed to convey?

Jack99

Adventurer
How would you rate the artwork? Does it do a good job of capturing the noir, pulp, cyberpunk, lost-world, fantasy feel that the setting is supposed to convey?

I would rather not. Art is very subjective, and whether a certain piece of art evokes a certain feeling that you know it's supposed to evoke.. Well that's kind of tricky. Let's just say that I really like the full-page art pieces in the book, and that they do the trick for me. The rest (all the smaller pictures are pretty much standard WotC stuff, with some crap and some gems in between.

But as reference, I was never hard to please, art-wise.

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
Its mentioned - Depending on how the end of P2 is handled, it will resurface and as either an ally or an enemy. If as an enemy, it will turn an other decent n+1 encounter into an n+3 going on n+4 encounter. This one might be a killer unless the players just rested.
Heh, my players are pretty well minimaxed and I need lvl+3 encounters if I want them to even break a sweat. ;)

Anyway, I expect one of them to pick up Nightbringer next session, and by the time they get to E2 his concordance should be maxed out.
(N.B. that +1d10 per level is quite fast progress if you expect a player to hang on to an item for any length of time. I'll probably just fudge that the attitude improves after each full adventure as long as the wielder hasn't been doing anything really contrary.)

gribble

Explorer
Regarding "Anyone can have a Dragonmark!":

Since even Hellcow seems to be talking around the point a bit, I'd like to point out the following line from the Eberron Campaign Guide

I noticed this. I think it's a great solution to the problem. Sure any PC can mechanically benefit from a dragonmark, regardless of race, but that Mark of Storm on a warforged isn't going to be an actual Mark of Storm, it's going to be an aberrant mark... brilliant!
:)

zero skill LPB

First Post
pweent said:
Since this was the spin I was already planning to use in my Eberron campaign if the subject came up, I'm very pleased to see that it is in fact the official line in the setting guide.

And as the player that is making this come up in said campaign: Uh oh. By which I mean "yay!" ... but uh oh.

-----

Which of the new rituals presented in the EPG carry House mark pre-reqs? Is Secure Shelter a Ghallanda-only thing?

N0Man

First Post
I just pre-ordered the Eberron Player's Guide, and it's all your fault Jack!

The funny thing was, I wasn't even really planning on getting the Eberron books at all.

Remove ads