• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to Use your Followers!

neceros

Adventurer
Hello everyone!

My character has finally gotten to the level where I get my Thrall (Psion/Thrallherd), and now I get to think about what to do with my believers!

I have a few ideas about what to do with them, but I'm curious if anyone else has some ingenious ideas. If you do, please let us all know!

Mind you I'm talking about the class Thrallherd, and not technically followers. However, discussion on both is fine!

Thanks!

Able Fierce, Psion | NECEROS

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, Thrallherd is a bit different from leadership because getting them killed does not adversely affect getting future recruits. It's not required, but thrallherd works rather well for an evil villain type. I like to think of it as Xykon's class, if he were psionic.

I have more experience with leadership where people tend to have followers be craftspeople to supply their armies and populace (obtaining whole towns and castles, so the followers only make up a portion of those ruled). It would be nice to do some fullscale warfare with them, and that'd be fine as long as they're fighting other low level humanoid soldiers. But if you're there, the other side surely can have dragons and such, too. So using the for that is dangerous.

I really don't hve many more ideas...
My friends and I would still like to do an all bard game one day, where we all take bard levels and more specialized prestige classes (sublime chord, warchanter, etc...), grab a few lyres of building, and all take the leadership feat. We would be a band (all with diffeerent instruments and a lead singer); the cohorts our roadies, the followers our groupies and die hard fans, and with our army of fans and lyres of building, conquer the world with music. Some day...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads