• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How to Prevent Chaos from Destroying Ptolus?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Well, as some of you might know, Ptolus came with an adventure called Night of Dissolution. I ran my group through the adventure and they did pretty well for the most part [except that now the Goat Demon, as it is called - Rhodintar in actuality - is now their most hated foes] until the last battle. Soooo many things they could have done to stop the ritual, but in the end, they failed to do so, meaning that all those people required for the ritual are dead, Wuntad escaped, along with a minion or two, and Chaos now reigns within the city.

I didn't quite go with the ending the book described. I thought waves of chaos energy rippling through Ptolus could be MUCH more interesting than Galchutt entering Ptolus and destroying it. Or at least doing it but at a slower pace like it sets off a little chaos, but it creates an ever worsening chain that the PCs are forced to take care of.

So my question is this: stopping the guy who released the Chaos isn't actually going to do anything because he no longer has control. However, what should be done to stem the flow of Chaos into Ptolus and stop it altogether? A part of me thinks that finding a weapon of ultimate Law may be the answer, but something like that just doesn't sound interesting enough on it's own unless there's a BIG twist.

So please, help. :)

Wycen

Explorer
Well, I shouldn't be posting or reading this since I'm supposedly playing a ptolus/night of dissolution game, except we haven't played since October and our future sessions have been pushed back to February, so I'm of the opinion it is dead.

Thus, I suggest, just because I like them, that somebody gets the idea to summon a band of modrons or paragons of law to wall off the city to contain the chaos. Then slowly dispel it. Then you are left with having to deal with the lawmongers who feel they know what's best for you.

Robert Ranting

First Post
My suggestion is to look at the first campaign log, specifically the Runewardens' run through the NoD adventure and the events that took place regarding the Soul of the World and the Vallis Moon.

Robert "Was Disappointed That Stuff Wasn't In The Adventure" Ranting

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads