• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How often are you visiting the WoTC boards?

Tetsubo

First Post
Since the announcement of 4E, my interest in the WoTC boards has dropped like a stone. It wasn't an intentional decision mind you. I just find that I am no longer interested in them. And I used to visit them once or twice a day in the past. Has anyone else seen their interest fall off?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I haven't been to the WotC boards for a very long time, except when an interesting topic there is linked from other message boards.

(Maybe 5 times in the last 6 months?)

WhatGravitas

Explorer
When I visit the WotC boards? When I'm linked there, when ENWorld is down, and about once a week, usually heading towards the Eberron forum.

Cheers, LT.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Not once, since learning of certain details of the 4e game, marketing methods, and other things.

I used to visit, albeit infrequently. There's no reason to do so again, now. Er, for me, I mean. ;)

Tetsubo said:
Since the announcement of 4E, my interest in the WoTC boards has dropped like a stone. It wasn't an intentional decision mind you. I just find that I am no longer interested in them. And I used to visit them once or twice a day in the past. Has anyone else seen their interest fall off?
The announcement of 4E has not increased my interest to read the WotC boards. It hasn't dropped either. It is still very unusual for me to go there. I visit their website more often now, but I don't care much for the boards.

I know ENWorld, and I enjoy it here best.

smootrk

First Post
never except when linked through other boards. Honestly, wotc has essentially lost all my business over the last couple of years or so... Dragon/Dungeon, splat splat and more splat, and nearly everything I have heard about 4e.

Other options just look a whole lot nicer nowadays.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
As much as this place is starting to turn me off, the WOTC boards make this place look like SHANGRI-LA.

I figure after 4E is released i'll be permanently relegated to the Paizo boards. I might visit this place from time to time, but the WOTC boards? That place is like a radioactive wasteland and me without a hazard suit? no thanks.

Same as here - generally daily, sometimes only once in 2-3 days. Skim recent thread titles in a few categories to see if something catches my interest. Check the infrequent threads I've posted in. I swore off caring about 4E conversations anywhere until I actually have it in hand and can REALLY read, understand, and talk intelligently about it. There are still people there who need advice about how not to be bad gamers. I enjoy occasionally inflicting my wisdom of age upon them. After all, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Shemeska

Adventurer
As I understand it, the active poster count has dropped in the past year over on the WotC/Gleemax boards (starting around the time they brought out the perpetually in alpha Gleemax). For around 9 months or so the word has been "in X months it'll all turn around, you'll see!". To be honest though, it's getting worse and it's a barren wasteland now compared to two years ago. I suspect that it might be a lot of folks have a similar feeling about the place as I do.

My own posting has seriously declined for multiple reasons: general 4e apathy, a number of other regulars dropping off in activity or going to other boards, and the general vibe that community management over there exudes (the complaint thread against Gamer_Zero the "community liason" has reached -80- pages long, and has gone up by like 20 pages in 24 hours after the latest PR nightmare over there in terms of royally cheesing off the community).

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Wizards still has their own boards? Huh. Haven't been except an accidental link in.. /looks at join date/.. a while. I haven't even't accidentally been there since Gleemax.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads