• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many RPG kids still play after they turn 20?

Garmorn

Explorer
Somebody posted a thread about what parents think and got me thinking about this.

How many of us have raised kids where mom and or daddy played table top RPG's continue to play after they have turned 20. Mine daughter who was born after we started is 25 now is still a member of my gaming group. How many other have passed down the love of RPG's.
:D

Richards

Legend
My sons are 25 and 23 (well, he'll be 24 tomorrow), have been playing since they were 10 and 8 years old, respectively, and continue to play to this day. My younger son still lives in the same town as I do, so he's a member or my regular gaming group. My older son lives half a continent away, so he only plays with us during Christmas vacation breaks, when he can make it back here, but he's started up a campaign of his own over by where he lives.

Johnathan

Garmorn

Explorer
My sons are 25 and 23 (well, he'll be 24 tomorrow), have been playing since they were 10 and 8 years old, respectively, and continue to play to this day. My younger son still lives in the same town as I do, so he's a member or my regular gaming group. My older son lives half a continent away, so he only plays with us during Christmas vacation breaks, when he can make it back here, but he's started up a campaign of his own over by where he lives.

Johnathan

Great, it is also nice to know that I am not the only old foggy here.:cool:

Dice4Hire

First Post
My kids are a bit too young to answer this definitively, but we they basically do not play.

My brother, who played with me when we were in High school has not played since then, so he quit at about 15 or 16.

Xyxox

Hero
Kid;)

I started in 80 at 22 so my parents did not have chance to play when I was a kid. :(

I may be younger than you, but I started playing three years before you did.

:p

My parents didn't pay any attention to the games I played. When some parents went crazy over kids playing D&D, my mom figured I must be doing something good.

eriktheguy

First Post
I started in the mid-90s. My dad would play with our group, although he did not get us into the game originally. My brother and I are 25 and 22 respectively and still play.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Of the people I played with before I was 20(28 now, started playing at 12), 3 joined the military and moved away. 1 is still in regular contact and plays occasionally when he comes back on leave. 1 of my friends moved to Napa Valley to become a chef and started(joined and expanded?) a group that's now about 15 strong!

I live with one of the guys I used to game with back in High School and one of the other guys I met in Middle School is one of the regulars. Our other members are a brother of one of the members who just started gaming with us last year and a guy that joined the group while I was away in college and stayed with.

One of the other middle school crew will play if it's a scifi game, but we're on a 4e kick lately and he's busy with new marriage/work so we don't game much.

Wik

First Post
Uh, my dad introduced me around 1990 or so... I was seven. I'm still playing - although he stopped playing sometime in the mid nineties. My brother, who was also introduced by my dad, is in my group - he's 21 or so.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads