• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many countries have you visited?

Farganger

First Post
Lived in:

USA
UK
Japan

Visited:

South Korea
Canada
Mexico
Israel
Palestine
Grenada
France
Italy
Vatican City

I seem to be missing some entire continents!

I don't see any great changes in the list in the near term as my wife hates to fly and we haven't really been out of the US in years. (She is keen on a trip to Ireland though, which may be the thin end of the wedge in terms of getting us started again on traveling.)

Qlippoth

Explorer
A paltry amount:
USA;
Iceland (airport only, though the Iceland Air flight attendants inspire me to return);
Norway.

I did, for what it's worth, spend my first night in Norway underneath a swingset.

Ziggy

First Post
Qlippoth said:
A paltry amount:
USA;
Iceland (airport only, though the Iceland Air flight attendants inspire me to return);
Norway.

I did, for what it's worth, spend my first night in Norway underneath a swingset.

Why Norway, and I hope it was in summer... ?

.Ziggy

Crimson_Manticore

First Post
Well, I’m sure my list won’t be the longest, but I’ve had the good fortune to be able to travel a fair amount, due mostly to the military (My dad was in the Army when I was a small child, I served for awhile, and my wife is still active).

USA – home sweet home
The Philippines – Lived there for awhile when I was a child
Okinawa – Lived there for awhile when I was a child
Mexico – A one-week mission trip to Monterey
Canada – A brief foray during a trip to Niagara Falls
Cuba – TDY at Gitmo for 3 months during the Cuban/Haitian Migrant crisis in ‘95
Panama – Stayed there for a week while waiting for transit to Honduras.
Honduras – TDY at Soto Cano for 6 months
Guatemala – A few counter-drug operations
Germany – A 6-week vacation with my wife while she was stationed there
France – A 3-day trip to Paris
Switzerland – Mostly just passing through to Italy
Italy – A 10-day tour of several cities.

I may have missed one or two, but I think that’s about it. As far as good vacation spots, Italy was my favorite by far, and the Caribbean waters off the coast of South Cuba were absolutely breathtaking.

Qlippoth

Explorer
Ziggy said:
Why Norway, and I hope it was in summer... ?

.Ziggy
One of my friends from college was originally from Norway, and his mom was living in Oslo at the time. We spent a couple days in Oslo, took the cross-country train to Bergen, took the train half-way back for some fjordy goodness, trained it to Stavenger, took the (now sunken) high-speed ferry back to Oslo.

The swingset? The first night in Oslo, we had 2 keys to the place we were staying; the sane folks went home early and the rest of us stayed out. Unfortunately, the key happened to be in the possession of the drunkest among us, and he disappeared for several hours. I staggered back to the house we were staying at, and fell asleep under the swingset waiting for the sot to come back (shockingly, he did!). It was in August, so the temperature was just fine.

I'd say, however, that the few nights we spent in Bergen rank among the most fun I've had in my life. Wonderful place.

pdkoning

First Post
Netherlands
Belgium
Luxemburg
UK
France
Spain
Switzerland
Germany (east and west)
Denmark
Czech Republic
Austria
Italy
Vatican
Croatia
Slovenia
Hungary

If you wonder why there are so many central/east european countries on the list: They are, or at least were, cheap compared to The Netherlands. We visited Croatia, when the Yugoslavian war was just over. We spotted some SFOR soldiers, but the area we visited has not actively been at war. Still there were only 50 people on a beach... And the local inhabitants were happy to see the first tourists (us) returning. great experience.

This summer I plan on going to Turkey.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Australia
New Zealand (Auckland airport)
Argentina
Peru
United States of America
Fiji

Within the USA I have visited California, Nevada, New York, and Arizona. I have been to every state in Australia but not to the Northern Territory.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads