• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How does alish2o have a 375K avatar?

reapersaurus

Explorer
Sorry if this has been covered already...

I don't know who he is.
I see he's a Community Supporter.

375K animated gif seems a bit excessive... ? It's cool as heck and all, but how does it work with dial-up members?

edit:
oh - here's the avatar:
image.php

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
I am dial-up at home. So long as the image is still cached, it isn't too bad. But, the initial load is not pretty.

But, that isn't the only graphic that causes slow load times on the board when I am at home. If it really bothered me, I _could_ turn off avatars in the Control Panel I guess. Of course, then I would miss out on all avatars. I could also speed up load times by turning off signatures, and images in posts.

Crothian

First Post
The answer is simple, the admins like Clay better then everyone else :D

And how does one not know who Clay is? His exploits with PC have made him very famous.

Tewligan

First Post
Oh, dear. I suspect that the malicious twinkle in PirateCat's one good eye means he'll be playing havoc with Clay's avatar and title again...

Crothian

First Post
Baraendur said:
Don't you mean that some users are more equal than others?

No, some are liked better. It might not be PC (politally correct) but it's human nature. Some people are going to like certain people more then the others. Clay is a great guy, so I don't mind that he gets advantages over the rest of us. He deserves them, he's better then the rest of you :D ;)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I prefer to think of it as a sort of mutual hazing. Nevertheless, torturing someone with an unwanted avater shouldn't inconvenience other members, so I've changed it. I hadn't realized the sucker was so large.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads