• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I legally obtain LFR adventures for home play outside the USA?

dead

Explorer
It looks like you can sign up for the Wizard's Play Network for home (private) events. I don't know if this gives you access to the LFR adventures but it looks like you need a DCI/RPGA number to sign up. This number can only be provided from a WPN location. These all seem to be in North America, though (with a few in Europe). I'm from Australia.

So I was wondering what ways you can legally obtain these adventures if you live outside the USA.

pedr

Explorer
There are plenty of stores in Australia running WPN events. Any store which runs official Magic: the Gathering tournaments should have a membership number to give you.

If you go here: Store & Event Locator - Wizards of the Coast then click 'Play' and select everything except 'Other D&D events' and 'Other Products' then the listed locations are all likely to be able to help you to get a DCI/RPGA number. Once you have one, you can follow the instructions here: Dungeons & Dragons Home (Private) Play to activate your private play co-ordinator status. Once that's set up you can use the 'Event Sanctioning' link at http://webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx to create a private event and select adventures for it, the 'My Events' link to download the adventures (choose the event, then scroll to the bottom and you'll find a download link), and then report (or cancel) the event using 'Event Reporting'. To report it, all your players will need DCI numbers.

The current plan is to remove private Living Forgotten Realms play from the WPN system altogether, but the LFR admins have to wait until the WotC community site can host the adventures for download before that change can be made, so in this transition period you'll have to jump through these hoops.

You may also get a response if you email apac(at)wizards.com - outside North America it may be that you can get a DCI number from them.

Hope that helps - there's plenty of advice available in the RPGA forums, and the LFR group on the WotC site.

Last edited:

cdrcjsn

First Post
I've actually got a stack of DCI cards from the last game day I organized. PM me offlist and I can get you a number if you still need it.

Remove ads