• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Holy Avenger Rogue

Li Shenron

Legend
aww man... that would have made a wonderful character concept... Thanks all for the response...

As a DM, I'd be really tempted to allow such use of Use Magic Device, at least to find out what you are planning... :)

Anyway, you'd have to roll that check a lot of times (maybe also in conjunction with an Alignment emulation check, or maybe not) and it would be nice to see you handle the fact of being able to use it here and there, but not always.

You can otherwise ask your DM to create another similar weapon with different requirements.

Lela

First Post
I've always believed that the Holy Liborator can either use the Hold Avenger or he has something similar for his own class. This is my house rule though, not offical in any way.

As another note, I also believe that the Blackguard has something similar for himself as well.

Gromm

First Post
Reminds me of NeverWinterNights when my Rogue picked up one of the end bosses' weapons, effectively a (Un)Holy Avenger and used it. My other sword was better, but it sure was cool to use the sword that could only be used by evil paladins, plus I could dual wield it with my other sword (talk about sacrificing ability for coolness).

gamecat

Explorer
Li Shenron said:

As a DM, I'd be really tempted to allow such use of Use Magic Device, at least to find out what you are planning... :)

Most of my characters take a machiavellian approach to good; that goes to say that ends *DO* justify the means; for example, Westenberger the Jovial can justify his reliance on negative energy and instant-death necromancy by saying he's doing it for good...

John Travolta's char in Operation Swordfish ispired this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads