• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hi - New to Enworld

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Hi there! Hope you enjoy the boards.

"D20 is..."

...a good system for playing D&D. You'll understand nearly all the rules straight off, but venture into the Rules and the House Rules forums if you want to hear about what some really creative people can do with them...:D

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Hi Golandrinel,

I was a major 2E for as long as it was on the market. The problems I had with it was that once the character got to levels 8-10, the game wasn't challenging any more. The characters could just about wipe out any monster in the game with little difficulty. One of the many nice design features of 3E is that what benefits PC's can also benefit monsters. It adds a whole new level of complexity to the game, although you somewhat lose the ability to just sit down with a bunch of books and a rough idea in your head and play due to all the number crunching.

Anyway, I'm Darrin, AKA Baraendur. I work for WotC in the CS department, and I've done a bit of freelance work for a number of companies including WotC and Bastion Press. You'll find that I'm just 1 of the many RPG professionals that frequent these boards. There's a lot available in the D20 market that will greatly enhance your game, so I recommend checking it out.

Last edited:

blackshirt5

First Post
Golandrinel, there is only one True Rule of ENWorld. And that is:
All Your Base Are Belong To Us. So hand em over. We need your bases much more than you. And if you send us Warhammer 40k bases, or god forbid, a Mage Knight base, we send Bugaboo to your house.

Cugel

First Post
I think your biggest decision on 3E will be whether or not rangers did indeed get the shaft :)

Wow, I just noticed that I only have 7 posts, and I've been reading these boards since the days when Eric Noah ran the show. Talk about being the perennial lurker!

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I've found this to be the most consistently good-natured community on the web, and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

That pretty much sums up my feelings about EN World.

Welcome to the boards, Golandrinel. :)

As for your request, "Well Gol, D20 is...." a fun game system with some clever concepts, and a great way to play D&D. It's also the best-supported system on the market -- not only because so many people play it, but also because of the many, many third party publishers producing content through the Open Game License. Good stuff abounds. :D

William Ronald

Explorer
Welcome to the boards.

I think you will find a lot of good discussions here. Only one bit of advice: remember people can disagree without being disagreeable.

Golandrinel

First Post
:)

Baraendur - I'll be trying my hand at writing a few bits for Dragon maybe in the hopes of joining your ranks soon....

Wow ... never thought I'd get more than 10 posts in hi thread!!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads