• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me name my evil tribes!

War Golem

First Post
Hey folks,

During tomorrow night's session, my PCs will be arriving in a distant land (sub-arctic tundra, hills and mountains) known for its numerous aggressive and monstrous tribes. The most dominant and populous tribes are comprised of minotaurs, trolls, wolfen, or giants.

I need some good names for some of these tribes, similar in nature to those found in the 1e MM for goblins and orcs. "Fleshrippers," "Bonegrinders," "Steelfang" .... that sort of thing.

Names are what I'm after, but beyond that, if anyone has a monstrous tribe already fleshed out a bit with some personalities and/or history, please share.

Thanks!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The Twistarms.
It's a tribe of minotaurs who ritually break and purposely mis-set their left arms. They carve their left horns into similarly misshapen forms. Hope that helps.

Demiurge out.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Gut Renders - named because the gut their foes like animals and take the body back for food.

Bone Takers - use the bones for armor, homes, pottery.

Last edited:

War Golem

First Post
Oracular Vision said:
Insurance adjusters
HMO representatives
used car dealers
home repair contractors

you did say evil didn't you?

I'm just trying to add some nice flavor to my game, not scare away my players for good! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads