• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help - Does d20 Modern do Plup Fiction?

Garmorn

Explorer
My group has resently stated that they have grown tired of fantasy after 23 years of it and want to try a modern version of a 1930 Plup Fiction style campain.

Does any one know if D20 Modern will cover this? Are there any other sources to help out with it?

Just general advice. I never have run this type of campain before.

teitan

Legend
D20 Modern is probably one of the best systems for pulp out there, even without the latest Polyhedron issue...

Jason

ledded

Herder of monkies
CarlZog said:
You have good timing: the latest edition of Polyhedron adapts d20 Modern rules to a pulp setting.

CZ

Definitely a good buy. Modern, by itself, can be easily adapted to a pulp setting. While the dungeon/polyhedron doesnt have a lot of stuff, what it does have is some solid, crunchy bits of goodness, including a city-setting for a pulp campaign, new advanced classes and professions, and advice for beefing up for pulp heros. Worth the cash, IMO

Pagan priest

First Post
There were two issues of Polyhedron that dealt with Pulp Heros. The first (Dungeon # 90) had the mini-game "Pulp Heros" and was writen using the standard D&D version of the d20 rules. In Dungeon #102 the rules are updated to the d20 Modern ruleset. That issue includes a city (Northport) to use as a base for pulp adventures.

Happy hunting!

Tauric

First Post
There is also a book called "Forbidden Kingdoms", it is a d20 setting just for pulp adventures. I never bought it because my players weren't into that stuff, but I looked at it often. If you can find it, then you don't need to adapt anything, but I don't know how well it did when it was released, so I don't know if you'll be able to find it.

Garmorn

Explorer
Tauric said:
There is also a book called "Forbidden Kingdoms", it is a d20 setting just for pulp adventures. I never bought it because my players weren't into that stuff, but I looked at it often. If you can find it, then you don't need to adapt anything, but I don't know how well it did when it was released, so I don't know if you'll be able to find it.

Do you remember who the publisher was/is?

Kusuf ibn Zaid

First Post
Garmorn said:
Do you remember who the publisher was/is?

The publisher was Otherworld Creations.

The background setting for Forbidden Kingdoms was exceedingly well done. However, in my opinion the mechanics were not treated very well and the editing had some serious problems.

- Kusuf

Remove ads