• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help a newbie out please!

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Maine-iac! said:
We far surpassed PC when we booted the two players that already didn't mesh with us. I needn't explain how 'we' play or how 'they' played, do I? Posting a fluff filled equal opportunity 'Gamer Needed' post at my local game shop's forums will cause needless headache for my current group AND those that have issue with the post. In short, we are equal opportunity on everything except those that don't like our gaming style, those that can't commit, and smoking (not in front of my building because 1. I said so, and 2. my landlord's secretary lives below me.) Why waste time letting someone in the group, and later shoving them out the door if the post would have taken care of it in the first place? If they are that sensitive about the original post then maybe all works out in the end anyway. Or maybe I should ADD to the post?

D00d, I agree with you. When I was looking for people to join my group here in NYC did the same thing and let people know that realiability was very important as in the past the players that I found were as flaky as hell.

I'd rather have an OK player who was reliable at my table than one who is a great roleplayer but flaky. As it stands I lucked out and found 6 pretty reliable players, we've been playing monthly since October...

Maine-iac!

First Post
JustKim said:
As opposed to what? A group that goes out into the back lot for a pit fight over rules arguments?
and
JustKim said:
Rambles on something fierce.
and
JustKim said:
The bit about not smoking in front of the building, in case you walk past on your way for a snack, is a little ridiculous IMO. If you loathe the smell of cigarettes that much, just say no smokers period. People who smoke will come to the game smelling like smoke even if they're not smoking. This is unavoidable.
I wouldn't say you hit a nerve, just missed the meat of what I was saying, and took awhile to give me the advice I probably really needed...
JustKim said:
Basically my advice is to shorten everything considerably and be a little less demanding.

Maine-iac!

First Post
theredrobedwizard said:
Once-over'd for your perusal.

-----
We are looking for a committed, mature 3.5E role player who enjoys gaming. We are all in our mid 30s, not that we are a bunch of super mature players, but you get the drift. We run a house-rules light 3.5E game every other Sunday from noon to 5ish.

Our game is in Portland. No smoking. We do take breaks, and tend to head to the corner store for snacks once during our sessions. The rest of our rules are in the realm of common courtesy. We are very insistent on solving differences politely, so no loud arguments over rules. With that in mind, we do our best to follow the rules. Overzealous rules-lawyering is discouraged. This is a shared world, with one main DM and two rotating DMs.

Gaming is our hobby, we make time for it, and we do it to have fun. We have a message board for the in depth role playing, but at the table RP is welcome as well. Our game is important to us, so please, keep that in mind. We've had trouble with flaky players in the past, but we realize that sometimes you have to miss a session; this should hopefully be the exception, not the rule.

(contact information, including first name, phone, email, message board contact info, etc.)

-TRRW

I like! I like!

Phantos

First Post
Nightfall said:
So are you from Portland Maine then? Just wanted that clarified...

I am from Portland ME. heh.
andn I wish Sundays was a good day to join this group, but alas it is not.
I think the local shop is either in Standish or Biddeford ME.
I think I have seen this before on the afforementioned site.

yes... MAINE not OREGON.

cheers.

Maine-iac!

First Post
Phantos said:
I am from Portland ME. heh.
andn I wish Sundays was a good day to join this group, but alas it is not.
I think the local shop is either in Standish or Biddeford ME.
I think I have seen this before on the afforementioned site.

yes... MAINE not OREGON.

cheers.

crap dude!!! do you know anyone? who might be interested?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads