• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has Anyone Seen a Diamond Golem?

2bz2p

Villager
Funny...

I suppose I should justify, but I'm not sure why...

I'm converting part of Greyhawk Ruins right now. On the level that the Greyhawk Demigods were imprisoned, there is a Diamond Golem that defends the area, and a sizable portion of Zagyg's treasure.

It increases in power as light shines on it.

My group has finished the RttToEE adventure, and after a few other adventures, they are currently around 18th level.

The challenge is to create a creature that is nearly indestructable. The will of a mad demi-god.

I really don't want the PC's to win at all. I want them to run! I really like the Monsters of Faerun idea of True Strike and Dispell Magic. I'm going to increase the size of the golem by one category and add a few feats, like Quickened Spell-like ability for the True Strike.

I'm also going to try and incorperate the increased statistics for greater light sources... in the end I should have three versions of the golem, although my party is going to end up fighting the hardest one because a few of them still use light to see.

If I actually make a stat block(s), I'll post them here later.

Aluvial

Hey - I'm doing the same thing right now - converting WGR1 to pathfinder. You willing to share your notes?

Remove ads