• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone played D&D with another RPG?

changoo

Banned
Banned
What I mean is, have you played D&D--that is, the trappings of D&D, the "fluff", the monsters, iconic races and magic items, etc--but using an entirely different system? Say, Savage Worlds? or Omni System? Or Hero? Or FATE? Etc. I'm not talking about "vanilla fantasy" but Dungeons & Dragons fantasy.

And please, don't say Pathfinder

Tarek

Explorer
I played in a rather short lived Hero system conversion of Judge's Guild 'City State of the Invincible Overlord' D&D setting. I suppose that would count. Of course, your question also begs another question: "What do you mean by Dungeons and Dragons fantasy?"

Is that Greyhawk? Is that Forgotten Realms? Is that the new mostly undefined "Points of Light" setting for 4e? Is that Eberron? Dark Sun? Birthright? Planescape? How about Spelljammer and Ravenloft? Mystara and the Hollow World?

Last edited:

alms66

First Post
IMO, based on my experience, Hero System out D&D's D&D any day of the week. Assuming you're equating D&D with munchkin-ism, dungeon diving, just hacking crap to bits, and thinking, "It doesn't have to make sense, it's fantasy mfr!!" - as that's what D&D fantasy means to me anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads