Harmony of the Spheres: an Eberron Centric Cosmogony

In celebration of the thirteenth day of the month, I thought I'd present my idea of how a native of Eberron might view the origins of a potential cross-over cosmology:

In a time before time, there existed three great dragons Syberis, Khyber and Eberron. Each was the master of its own domain; for Syberis it was the Astral, for Khyber the Ethereal and for Eberron it was the Prime. Eberron invited the other two dragons to her domain, and together they began to create. These Progenitors fashioned thirteen magnificent spheres, physical objects entangled with extradimensional space (like a bag of holding, but on a much grander scale), monuments to their combined creativity and power. Khyber gazed upon their handiwork and became consumed by averice.

Khyber lashed out, first attacking Syberis, leaving him dead. Eberron acted quickly to contain Khyber's murderous rage, coiling around her and serving as her prison. Thus, at the heart of the Prime; one could find Eberron enveloping Khyber, surrounded by the broken form of Syberis and orbited by the thirteen orbs. Without their masters, the Astral and Ethereal planes began to change.

With Khyber's absence, the quintessence that makes up the Ethereal plane began to degrade; creating vast elementscapes of earth, wind, fire and water. Similarly, with the death of Syberis, the perfectly balanced energies of the Astral plane split into opposing positive and negative forces. The interaction of these two forces spawned the domains found in the Astral Sea. One of the largest of these astral domains is the Spirelands, ruled by beings rivaling the power of the Overlords from Eberron's Age of Demons. On more primitive worlds, these Spirelands Overlords act as adorational intermediaries (like Radiant Idols) for the faithful to access the divine.

On the Prime, in an event of sypathetic contagion, imperfect copies of Eberron began to propagate throughout the prime material plane. It is for this reason that one sees such similarity between the worlds of the Prime. In their own way, these worlds are like fun house mirror reflections of the Prophecy.

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I like it! Though the pedant in me wishes to point out the Khyber refers to the Progenitor Wyrm in question, whereas Kyber refers to the crystals used to build lightsabers.

Remove ads