• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-elf dilettante power

Mengu

First Post
Got a couple more.

Warlord - Righteous Brand. Since the bonus lasts till the end of your next turn, you can have an ally benefit from it this turn, and then next turn use Commander's Strike, or Hammer and Anvil or similar ability to have them benefit from it again. Use an action point either turn to possibly get a third use out of it.

Paladin - Hellish Rebuke. Combine it with Martyr's Blessing to just about guarantee you are dealing the extra 1d6+Con damage.

Umbra_Kaitou

First Post
I'm planning a half elf paladin, I was looking at Wolf Pact tactics since hes combat oriented so it gets a person in flank or gets a person out of combat so he doesn't get hurt. But i didn't fully think of the connotations on some of the clerics ranged spells. SO now I'm left with a tough choice.

Blackbrrd

First Post
Any Str and Weapon build: Rightous Brand.

Rightous brand is ridicules. Normal damage and on hit: Ally within 5 squares gains your str as a power bonus to melee attack rolls against the target until the end of your next turn.

Journeymanmage

First Post
Mr. Teapot said:
Before the errata, I thought Lay on Hands was the best Dilletante power, if you had a decent Wis score (so, for Fighters, Clerics and Wizards). Or Wizard cantrips for anyone else. Now it's errata'd to be an attack power, though, so I'm less sure of things.

Not sure why WotC wouldn't let someone take say ... Light or Prestidigitation. "while dabbling in magic, i never figured out how to make a rock glow, but i can put a hole the size of your fist through someone's chest from 30 paces" ...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Journeymanmage said:
Not sure why WotC wouldn't let someone take say ... Light or Prestidigitation. "while dabbling in magic, i never figured out how to make a rock glow, but i can put a hole the size of your fist through someone's chest from 30 paces" ...

That would, of course, be a mechanically subpar decision.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
More for wizards:
A staff wizard could make use of dire radiance, and half-elves get a con bonus.

Picking up nimble strike is good because you get to shift two squares in a round, regardless of whether you hit (shift before the attack, shift as your move action after it)

Tony Vargas

Legend
You want to pick the at-wills that you look at and think they might /occassionally/ be really useful, rather than the stand-bys that are nice to use every round.

Anything that uses a good stat of yours and targets something other than most of your attacks can be cool. For martial characters, there are few attacks that don't go vs AC. The Rogue's Piercing Strike (REF) and Warlord's Furious Smash (FORT), for instance - if you're up against a creature with a much lower defense than AC, they can get you a hit. Valiant Strike's situationals bonus could also be apealing if you're surrouned - or Thunderwave's close blast if you don't want to be close. At-wills with an unusual effect that you don't otherwise get - Cloud of Daggers continuing no-attack-roll damage based on WIS, Commander's Strike ability to give your action to an ally.

Remove ads