• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guardsmith's True20 Freeport game -[Recruiting]

Karl Green

First Post
Depending on what others might want to play I have a few ideas for my character. I don't have my Freeport here with me at work, so bare with me...

1.) Cleric fighter type of the pirate god of Freeport (forgot his name). I am thinking mostly levels of Warrior, with his two favored feats being a Power

2.) Wizardly type (adapt levels all the way) from the mainland. Likes to be mysterious and wears black robes etc ;)

3.) Ranger/Outdoors fellow comfortable with the jungle and the sea.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
if i am to understand the information i have seen so far, then i might be wanting an expert/ warrior type

Guardsmith

First Post
Character creation info, part 1

I don't have as much time as I thought tonight, but here are a couple of things to think about while contemplating characters.

1. I'd like this to be a world where humans are the only race that's known (for now). Also, supernatural experiences are uncommon. Myths and legend mention monsters and such, but few people see them, save adventurers and such.

2. The adventures will be primarily city-based in Freeport, and it's the primary part of the world that will be detailed. Essentially, PCs will have a free hand in crafting their background as long as it gets them to the start of the adventure.

3. PCs should have no prior knowledge of Freeport; they are all traveling on ship that is bound for the city and will begin the adventure disembarking the ship.

4. Ideally, I'd like to dispense with D&D's usual polytheism and have only one God for the world.

When I have time tomorrow, I post more specifics and the house rules.

Karl Green

First Post
Hey that's all cool Guardsmith... now would minor mystical/magic work? Say a warrior or expert who takes the two favored feats as Supernatural power (so you could start with one Power, and it does not raise without feats or something above the base +4)??

Just wondering...

Phantos

First Post
I had a little talk with my wallet...

and after the aforementioned talk I will be buying the T20 on friday as well.
hopefully that is soon enough.
the T20 rule set has been intriguing me for a while now.
this is my perfect excuse to check it out/purchase it.

cheers.

Guardsmith

First Post
Its good to see that people are interested enough to buy the rules, and I hope you will be just as interested after you buy them. And yes, Thanos, Friday is soon enough. :)

As for your question, Karl, in general, I would say that warriors and experts who want to "dabble" in the supernatural should take a level of adept, but if you are willing to give up the human's two Favored Feats for a Power, then I'll at least hear what you have in mind before I say yes or no.

Here’s a jumble of house rules and character creation stuff; sorry it’s not better organized:

PCs have 6 points to spend on Ability scores; at the start, no ability may be higher than +3 or lower than -2.

PCs start with Conviction Points equal to Charisma + 2 and gain one extra point every other level after 1st, i.e. 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, etc. Also, Charisma is added to any re-roll earned by spending a Conviction Point. (This was something discussed at the True20 forums as a way to beef up Charisma. It kinda ties into the "force of personality" aspect of the ability.)

I'd like to not use the True20 Wealth system. While I've used it before with some success in modern games, I don't think it has the right feel for a fantasy game. If everyone is agreeable, we can use the standard D&D coin system.

All Adepts should use Intelligence as their Key Ability, and the following Powers are prohibited: Apport, Blink, Plane Shift, Scrying, Teleport.

I think that's it for character creation stuff. After people have had a chance to familiarize themselves with the rules. I post the other house rules. No sense in confusing you right now. :)

Karl Green

First Post
Thats' cool... if I could go for straight Adapt I would prefer that BUT I don't want to break anything ;)

I am thinking a mysterious type from the southern mainland who is very secretive about his powers and will stay way from flashing spells anyway ;)

Also what level are you thinking?

Karl Green

First Post
First draft... thoughts???

Marcus Tieken; Human, male; Adapt 1; Init +2; Spd 30ft; Defense (role) Parry 10, Dodge 12, Flat 10; Grpl -1; Atk +2 melee (quarterstaff, dmg +1, crit 20/+3) or (knife, dmg +0, crit 19-20/+3), or +2 ranged (crossbow, dmg +4, crit 19-20/+3, rng 80ft) or (knife dmg +1, crit 19-20/+3, rng 10ft); SV: Tough +2, Fort +1; Ref +2, Will +2; Nature: Curious (virtue), Secretive (vice); Wealth +3; Reputation +1; Conviction 3; Str -1, Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0, Cha +1
Skills: Bluff (Cha) [+5], Concentration (Wis) [+4], Disable Device (Int) [+7], Knowledge: Arcane (super-natural) (Int) [+7], Knowledge: History (Int) [+7], Knowledge: Theology & Religion (Int) [+7], Notice (Wis) [+4], Stealth (Dex) [+6]
Feats: Erase Signature, Spells (x3), Toughness
Spells: Move Object [+7], Psychic Shield [+7], Second Sight [+7]
Core Abilities: Adapt
Favored Feats: Jack-of-All Trades, Toughness
Speech: Common, plus 3 more (what might the world langauges be?)
Equipment: Quarterstaff, knife, crossbow, traveler’s clothing and robe, backpack, bedroll.

Build – skills 4 + Int modifier (3) +one skill at rank 4 for being Human; feats 4 + one for human. Base Wealth +6, purchase Quarterstaff [4], backpack [4] and bedroll [1] first (free below wealth score), then Crossbow [11] (-1 wealth), Traveler’s cloths [8] (-1 wealth), and a Knife [7] (-1 wealth)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads