• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greyhawk from CY 582 to CY 597 (?)-- anything fun happen after From the Ashes?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hey grognards.

The timelines I can find on Google seem to indicate that some kind of canonical events were happening in Greyhawk after the big war ended (which I think was CY 582).

Did anything interesting, inspiring, noteworthy, or hilariously fun happen to the setting in the intervening years?

If anything fun did happen, what's the best source for those events?

Thanks!

Stormdale

Explorer
The wars never happened in my game but have used them for inspiration of smaller wars/events. My game has been non-canonical since 1983. IMO canon doesn't survive the first contact with ANY Pcs, it is their actions, or inactions which will and do define the campaign and let it grow in most interesting and fun ways. Which is why I love the '83 boxed set- it set the tone and outline and hints of events for me with a broad brush stroke which I've been filling in ever since.

Back on topic though, there was a Greyhawk reboot by TSR- Greyhawk Players Guide (1998) starting in 591 and also the 3e Living Greyhawk Gazetter (2000) both of which details events post Greyhawk Wars. Personally though, I hardly ever open either of those and rely heavily on the skeleton that was the '83 version.

Stormdale

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads