• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GP] A Game of Politics (closed)

Timothy

First Post
What would you like to see first (and scond, ans do on) I'll do that first. I'm working on the saints right now, but I need to make up 21 stories, one for every saint. I do 't think that is very important for your char anyway.

Maybe some more about the relations between houses.

Oh and Rino, I'm sorry, but I saw jemal wanted cantaur first. Could you pick another house plz?

Could everyone still looking forward to this game plz post, so I can see what players for what houses we have exactly.

I'm thinking of doing the current relation ships between the houses, and a bit about the current ruler of house Taurus. that information ahould come in handy.

Jemal

Adventurer
If Rino wants to be the druid, he can take it.. What other houses are there left right now? I'll select from one of them, b/c it doesn't really matter to me, I like all the classes (Ok, except for wizards).
I'ld prefer to wait instead of starting right away, so that's my vote. If we do start sooner though, I'll survive.

ErichDragon

First Post
I'm playing House Vela.

I think the relationships between the houses and some other influential people/groups in the city would be the first order of business.

Timothy

First Post
Jemal, only Ara is still available, all other houses are taken

I'll make up the city and some groups, and will make up the relations after that. I'lla lso note any other nation wide groups of interest, although this city is the largest by far and every self respecting organization has a hold here.

what else?

Rino

First Post
aristrocrat:

aligment: any lawful
table as in the DMG
spell per lvl as palladin in PHB, but different spells as shown at the bottomn

Skillpoints:
level1: (8+int)x4
each additional level: 8+int

class features:
all simple en martial weapons en light armor proficiency
10% discount on equiptmemt

commanding aura:
like suggestion
DC: 10+arislvl+cha mod, caster level: aristocrat lvl + cha mod
once per 3 levels/day (1/3/6/9/12/15/18)

spells:
DC: 10+ arislvl + cha mod

LVL1:
change self
color spray
ventriloquism
erase
LVL2:
fog cloud
glitterdust
detect thoughts
invisibility
mirror image
cat's grace
endurance
Owl's wisdom
Fox's cunning
Eagle's spendor
Minor image
Arcane Lock
Alter Self
Whispering Wind

LVL3:
Displacement
Major Image
Gaseous Form
Blink
Secret Page
Nondetection

LVL4:
solid fog
emotion
illusory wall
polymorph self
dimension door

Timothy

First Post
OOC: sorry for not posting, I lost my connection for a couple of days. I'll have the City layout up tomorrow, probarly with the major organizations.

Timothy

First Post
I Will Probably Need The Saints For The Organizations, So I Wrote Them Up First. The City Basics Are Also Almost Done.

Religion Of Farnese

Orr, The Great Father.

Orr Is Believed To Be The One True God. He Made The World And Keeps Check On Everyones Destiny. Everyones Destiny Has Been Known Since Before Time. In The Period Of Before Time, Orr Made Up A World, Tales To Amuse Himself, So He Wouldn’t Feel Lonely. When Orr Was Finished With Writing His Stories, He Decided To Make Them Come Alive. He Created The World Of Atlas. Around The World Of Atlas He Created 8 Planes. Goodness, Evil, Law, Chaos, Fire, Air, Water And Earth. He Putted Everyone Who Had A Place In His Stories On The World Of Atlas. All Of His Stories Will Eventually Become Reality. He Has Not For seen All Events, For That Would Make A Boring Story, But All The Important Decisions Someone Makes, Are Allured Made For Them.
Orr Has, Since He Finished Creating Atlas And The Planes And Only Checked The Destinies. He Let’s The Day To Day Work Of A God Be Carries Out By Saints, That Have Been Given A Bit Of Divine Power. But Now The World Has Come To A Point Where Orr Has Run Out Of Tales. The World Will Now Develop On His Own. Orr Has Taken Up The Task Of Writing Everything Down That Happens.

There Are 22 Saints That Are Recognized As Saints By The Great Church Of Orr.
Next To These 22 Saints, Each Race Other Than Human Has His Own God. These Gods Are Believed To Be Orr In Another Form, And Have Slightly More Power Than The Normal Human Saints. They Are Called Fathers Or Mothers In Stead Of Saints, And Unlike Saint They Are Not Ascended Mortals But Have Always Been Around. Each God Has 3-4 Domains That Symbolize The Characteristics Of The Races. These Gods Can Pick Their Own Saints As Well.

The Human Saints Are:

Taur Urgas Of House Taurus.
He Founded Farnese By The Law That The Strongest Survive. After Taur’s Death, Orr Made Him His First Saint.
He Is Master Of The Domain Of Strength.

Alnath The Bullheaded Of House Taurus.
Alnath Was The Second Ruler Of Farnese And Perfect The Art Of Warfare. He Had To Build His Own Army From Loyal Followers To Defeat Ratur Snaketongue Trough Civil Warfare. Alnath Decided To Trade His Mortality For The Powers Of A Saint When He Reached The Age Of 87.
He Is Master Of The Domain Of War.

Alcyone The Tiran Of House Taurus.
A Ruler Of Farnese That Was Known For His Cruelty And Will To Conquer
He Is Master Of The Domain Of Destruction.

Ratur Snaketongue Of House Serpens.
Rathur Snaketongue Killed All Of Taur’s Children Through Trickery And Deceit. He Made One Small Mistake That Cost Him His Life. But He Wouldn’t Regret That, Because Orr Made Him A Saint When Ratur Arrived At The Fathers Door.
He Is Master Of The Domain Of Trickery.

Cauda Caput Of House Serpens.
A Great Lich That Was The Power Behind The Throne Of House Serpens For Many Generations, When Finally Beaten By Heroes, He Was Granted Saint Status By Orr.
He Is Master Of The Domain Of Evil.

Alya Caput Of House Serpens.
The Wife Of Cauda. She Was A Beautiful Women To Behold, But Fickle As The Chaos She Masters. After Caulda’s Ascended To Lichdom, He Ordered One Of His Vampire Minions To Give Her The Gift Of Undeath, So She Could Live With Him For All Eternity. She Too Was Slain By The Heroes That Defeated Cauldra.
She Is Master Of The Domain Of Chaos.

Regulus The Strict Of House Leo.
Regulus Was The Founder Of House Leo, He Firmly Believed That Law And Order Would Advance The Kingdom To Greater Heights.
He Is Master Of The Domain Of Law.

Corda Leonis Of House Leo.
Corda Leonis Is One Of The Few Female Saints. She Worked Herself Up In The Organization Of House Leo And Always Looked Out And Protected Others Who Were Weaker Then Her.
She Is Master Of The Domain Of Protection.

Suhail Al Muhlif Of House Vela.
Suhail Is The Founder Of House Vela. He Has Created A Great Trading Empire That Exists Even Today. He Was A Merchant Prince From The East And To First To Cross The Great Waters.
He Is Master Of The Domain Of Water.

Alsuhail Pyxis Of House Vela
Alsuhail Was A Great Traveler And Diplomat, He Established A Lot Of Foreign Relationships That Still Last Today.
He Is Master Of The Domain Of Travel.

Rastaban Tyl Of House Monoceros.
A Great Dragon Wizard That Loved His Human Form. He Was The One That Tought Mankind The Art Of Magic. He Was Given An Honored Membership By The Founder Of The House, But Never Acknowledges The Fact. Rastaban Tyl Still Lives But Never Shows Himself. Orr Has Made Him A Saint And In Exchange, Rastaban Promised Not To Dabble In The Afairs Of Humans Directly.
He Is The Master Of The Domain Of Magic

Propus Castor of House Monoceros.
Propus is generally acknowledged as being the wisest seer that ever lived.
He is the Master of the domain of Knowledge.

Nodus Etamin of House Monoceros.
Nodus was a great wizard who perfected the art of fire magic.
He is Master of the Domain of Fire.

Radiant Noah of House Ara.
He is the founder of house ara, and saw the god as an the pinnacle of power that Orr created.
He is master of the Domain of the Sun.

Babel the Gentle of House Ara.
Babel was a kind priest that lived in poverty for most of his life, he travelled around and aided all he could by healing or other means.
He is master of the Domain of Healing.

Rigel Kentuarus of house Centaurus.
Rigel is the founder of house Centaur. He always described himself as an servant of Mother Earth.
He is Master of the Domain of Earth.

Agena Flora of House Centaurus.
A small and fragile blond haired Girl once brought flowers to every Oak in the Dünkelwald. When she arrived at the last oak, on the border, she was killed by two goblin children. Orr pities her for having such a short life and made her a Saint.
She is Master of the Domain of Plants.

Menkent Fauna of house Centaurus.
The first men to get the title of Chiron. He was appointed by Rigel himself.
He is the master of the domain of Animals.

Vega Windwalker of House Lyra
Vega was a great Bard who could tell numerous tales about the skies. He founded house Lyra.
He is the master of the domain of Air.

Alad Far Of House Lyra
Alad was a great hero in his time, one gifted with music. Tales of his luck and musical persuasion tales are standard for every bard-to-be.
He is Master of the domain of Luck.

Meridiana Austrina of House Corona Austrina
Corona Austrina was founded by revolution. Commoners fought against the nobles for equal rights. Meridiana was one of the leaders of the revolution. She was in favor of a peaceful revolution, but once set in motion she and her brother could not turn the tide. She was killed at the end of the revolution, and granted the status of Saint by Orr.
She is master of the Domain of Good.

Alfecca Austrina of House Corona Austrina.
Meridiana’s Brother. He was killed alongside with Meridiana. He was made the Saint of death by Orr to assure all souls get their just reward once they die.
He is Master if the Domain of Death.

And sorry for all the Capital letters, in the first part of the post, that was the fault of the spellchecker.

Last edited:

ErichDragon

First Post
While sketching out my character I was thinking about languages. What would the nobles speak, the commoners, how about seperate national languages since we are all playing humans. I would recommend that the nobles speak, say 'High Farnese' the commons various local dialects that may need their own language slots.

My House, Vela, should have access to the languages of the Eastern Empire. Maybe an official Church language (like Latin in the Middle Ages).

Remove ads