• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good defensive items

s-dub

First Post
What are some defensive items/spells for a level gestault 14 Wizard/Monk to have?

He's already got good saves,spell resistance, and displacement. He an AC of about 45 (including buffs), most of it touch, but my PC's will still be able to hit him (One can smite, another can true strike, the other can go invis and sneak attack or flank) with low/mid rolls.

I'm planning on having him cast protection from arrows (or imbed a gem of heavy fortification in a place the PC's won't search) and mirror image prior to the fight to give him a little breathing room.

Currently he's geared out with:

amulet of con 6
gloves of dex 4
ring of protection 3
cloak of resistance +5
Ring of Displacement (50% miss chance)

Saves are :

Fort 33
Ref 26
Wis 23

Spell Resistance 25

I'm not really looking for offensive abilities, just a few tricks to help him stay in the fight longer.

He'll have the requisite amount of fodder as befitting his status, probably 4 CR 10 melee types.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Periapt of Wisdom as big as you can get it would help his AC a few more points.

Empowered false life, shield, fire shield, globe of invulnerability, and a ring of counterspells with greater dispel magic in it should all help out a fair whack as well.

Darklone

There are a few nice spells in the Spellcompendium like Stormrage (though I think that's a druid thing) that allow you to fly and make you immune to most ranged weapons...

Remove ads