• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goblin Racial Traits...

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
-2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Cha
Small size
Darkvision 60 ft.
+4 racial bonus to Move Silently
Gains a +6 to Ride checks and the Mounted Combat feat when riding on a Worg
Favored class: Rogue

Jack Haggerty

First Post
mikebr99 said:

Geez... Why are Goblins and Kobolds so much faster then Gnomes and Halflings???

Probably because of, "-2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Cha", and all the other bonuses Halflings and Gnomes get that Goblins don't. Remember, Halflings are the quintessential rogues, and Gnomes are the consummate illusionists.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'm planning on making an urban rogue goblin... A sort of guild thief thug.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Xarlen said:
Kobolds get a -4 to Str, and only a +2 to Dex.

Yeah, but according to what I can glean from the MM, it looks like they also get a +1 natural armor bonus... In addition to a +2 bonus to Craft (trapmaking), Profession (mining) and Search checks.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Jack Haggerty said:

Yeah, but according to what I can glean from the MM, it looks like they also get a +1 natural armor bonus... In addition to a +2 bonus to Craft (trapmaking), Profession (mining) and Search checks.

Yeah, Kobold -4 STR +2 Dex, Small Size, +1 Natural Armor, 30ft. Base Speed, Darkvision 60ft, +2 racial bonus to Craft(trapmaking), profession(miner), Search, Favored Class Sorcerrer.

Overall when you look at it, they are almost as good as any of the PC races

Goblins: =2 STR +2 Dex, =2 Cha, Small Size, 30ft. Base speed, Darkvision 60ft, +4 Move Silently, +6 Ride (when mounted on Worg), Mounted Combat (when mounted on Worg), Favored Class Rogue.

Even with the Bonuses from Worgs everyone always seems to forget Goblins are clearly not equal to the PC races.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads