• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM's Day Sale

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Hey everyone, it's that time again - GM's Day is March 4th and in honor of this, S.T. Cooley Publishing is having a sale. This year, we're having a "1d8-1" sale; each of our products corresponds to an amount you can obtain with a roll of the die. Here's what we've got for you this year...

The GM's Day sale will run from February 26, 2005 through March 7, 2005, so make sure to grab what you want before the end of the sale! Oh, and let me thank you for your support of our products!

Last edited:

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Kajamba Lion said:
Looks interesting. What's it about? I'm assuming it's an adventure.

Nick
Good guess. :) Here's the little product blurby thing...

Trouble in the River City is the first entry in the Fantasy Quest series since the Burning Sage's Demesne; it is a combination plate that features both an adventure module and a small city sourcebook. Trouble in the River City takes great pains to detail some of the notable areas, landmarks, and personalities of the city of Dezsket in order to set up an event-based adventure that tests both wits and strength of arms in an old-fashioned "sleuthing on the seedy side of town" adventure that takes characters all over this fantasy city. The adventure is intended for characters of 4th level, and features a cliffhanger ending with ample plot hooks for the GM!
As the blurb mentions, it's kind of a combo plate - a city sourcebook with an adventure thrown in... because it's an event-based adventure (i.e., relies on "things happening" rather than moving from room-to-room like a dungeon crawl), the setting needs to have about as much detail as the adventure itself so that it can "feel alive" to the PCs.

Pulling up the Table of Contents, the setting portion has got... 3 pages of general historical, geographical, cultural, and setting details, 5 pages of specific "points of interest" details describing locales, buildings, and landmarks, and 8 pages of NPCs (including motivations and how they interact with other NPCs). The adventure portion is 13 pages long. "Adventure summary, hooks, and prep" is a page, and there is a page of new items (including magic items), plus the TOC page for a total of 32 pages (plus the OGL page, but I didn't count that in the 32 page total).

It's got a little intrigue, a little sleuthing, a little dungeon-crawl, and a nicely-detailed city for PCs to explore. Beyond that, it has lots of little suggestions for "side adventures" and hooks for further, GM-developed adventures... or, if you can wait until late April/early May-ish, I plan to release another adventure that picks up more or less where this one leaves off, but the bulk of that adventure takes place in another locale (so more NPCs, more setting, and a whole new place and style to explore). I have five or six "loosely-connected" adventures in the pipes like this; they can be used individually if you wish, or you can run them all in a row.

Here's the product page on my site, BTW:

http://www.stcooleypublishing.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=20

--The Sigil

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads