• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Gen Con D&D Next Events

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I haven't seen a post here about this yet, but according to http://www.baldmangames.com/Gencon/genconjudgereg.html Judge sign-ups are now open for Gen Con.

There's some interesting information we can gleam from this: There are 4 events being run by the RPGA at Gen Con this year: 4 hour long adventures(likely from the new Living campaign, whatever it is), a Delve, the D&D All Access Pass makes a return from last year(with 25 more DMs and only 16 hours instead of 28), and a Special Event on Saturday that ALL DMs who volunteer for 4 or more slots MUST run.So, it sounds like it'll be a big deal.

It is also worth nothing that in both Living Greyhawk and Living Forgotten Realms there were 5 hours dedicated to each adventure but this year they are doing 4 hour blocks. I'm guessing this is because combat can be run so much faster in D&D Next.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Sounds promising. Although I'll be nowhere near GenCon, I look forward to what Organised Play comes out of it!

Cheers!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I submitted my application to Judge last night. :)

After Judging at PAX East the past several years, I got the go-ahead from my wife to submit to GenCon this year too. Haven't been to the big con since they moved to Indy, so if all goes well, I'll finally get back. Really, really excited for it.

Shiv

Explorer
We are kind of cool like that (just don't tell my wife I'm cool).

When will we know what four slots the All Access thing is running in?

Before event registration begins, I hope. If WotC stuff doesn't come out until after registration kicks off, people are gonna have a hard time planning for getting in on non-D&D stuff and keeping the right slots open for this 4-slot extravaganza.

The_Baldman

Explorer
All of our events are already loaded into the Gen Con system and will be available for viewing with all the rest before registration goes live.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads