• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Geek Confessional Thread 2024

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Tex Avery cartoons are better than Walt Disney cartoons.

WB cartoons are better than Disney cartoons.

The luchador enmascarado (masked wrestler) films are amazing and wonderful and the pinnacle of absurdity.

Meech17

Adventurer
Thats was Vox Machina and Rick and Morty for me.
I struggle with a lot of shows. I bounced off Delicious in Dungeon and Vox Machina too. I often feel like if I could force myself to watch two or three episodes I'll get interested but I don't want to make myself keep watching something that isn't holding my interest.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Thats was Vox Machina and Rick and Morty for me.
I love Vox but I noped out of R&M pretty quickly. I love weird, and I love spicy, and I love what I will call "good natured subversion." But R&M is too mean spirited for me to enjoy, too edge lordy.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I struggle with a lot of shows. I bounced off Delicious in Dungeon and Vox Machina too. I often feel like if I could force myself to watch two or three episodes I'll get interested but I don't want to make myself keep watching something that isn't holding my interest.
Yeap folks love to throw out the "you just have to sit through it until it clicks" bit. Ive been a perpetrator of that myself (looks at DS9). Though, ive gotten to a point where I just rather put my time into things im gonna like from start to finish. For example, folks tell me to read Wheel of Time often. Everyone of them tells me about how its like 14 books and only 7 of them are bad...
I love Vox but I noped out of R&M pretty quickly. I love weird, and I love spicy, and I love what I will call "good natured subversion." But R&M is too mean spirited for me to enjoy, too edge lordy.
Something about it was very grating and not funny to me. That was just the pilot and I never looked back.

I couldn't get into Vox at all. It feels like the voice acting equivalent of Michael Bay to me, if that makes sense. I appreciate a good explosion (or voice), but it's not a substitute for plot or character.

It's probably worth a second chance some day to see if it gets better, but I honestly didn't care at all about Critical Role, either, so my motivation is very low

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I couldn't get into Vox at all. It feels like the voice acting equivalent of Michael Bay to me, if that makes sense. I appreciate a good explosion (or voice), but it's not a substitute for plot or character.

It's probably worth a second chance some day to see if it gets better, but I honestly didn't care at all about Critical Role, either, so my motivation is very low
FWIW, there is TONS of both plot and character development in Vox. It is worth giving it another go. But it is also loud and crude and if those things turn you off, they just do.

Remove ads