• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 2.20 Released - 1 Million Downloads on EN World!

Download here >> ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Decided it was time to move away from beta builds, and hitting the 1 million downloads mark seems like a good time. I feel the tool is pretty stable at the moment, though still many things that can be implemented to improve it.

Big thanks to all contributors, whether it is a bug fix, idea, improvement, translation or just a thank you.

Appreciate everyone who has donated a beer or three along the journey - it's been fun and I'll continue to update the tool when I have time. At some point I'll open this tool to the community to work on and improve over time - if anyone has thoughts on this let me know, perhaps we can collaborate in the future on the best way moving forward.

For those who haven't used the tool in awhile, I highly recommend to give it a try with this new version. There have been many, many, many changes, bug fixes and improvement made along the way.

Fixed several bugs over the last few weeks and added Dutch language thanks to Jan Bernd ten Berg (Jan I did modify a few words so they fit in, please check and let me know if they're ok)

This also bring to an end versions 1.60, 1.64 and 2.00 beta builds, these have been removed from the download area.

Thank you to everyone who provides feedback to refine and improve this character generator, keep the bug fixes and awesome ideas coming

As always have fun!

Cheers
ForgedAnvil

Show your support, buy me a beer with
PayPal

Download the community FAQ here >>ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use. Thanks to flwad
Take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1 million downloads.png
    1 million downloads.png
    303.6 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:

FuzzyMidgett

First Post
I just downloaded the latest build and I found an error when overriding a Familiar's Actions. The values in the override section do not get transferred to the Familiar's Actions. Also, is overriding a Familiar the only/best way to add in a Necromancer's zombie, skeletons and other controlled "pets".

Thank you.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I just downloaded the latest build and I found an error when overriding a Familiar's Actions. The values in the override section do not get transferred to the Familiar's Actions. Also, is overriding a Familiar the only/best way to add in a Necromancer's zombie, skeletons and other controlled "pets".

Thank you.

Working on those, only partially implemented and work in progress - try typing in Zombie etc. instead of the selection list. For the override issue, what exactly is not working with the override and which area (familiar 1 or 2). thanks

Conandar

Explorer
Something is terribly wrong with v2.20. When I enter any value for the experience points (including =AdventurersLogXP, with or without anything actually entered in the log), most of the rest of the tool changes to "#NAME?"! This happens whether I enter the data manually or import the data from a v2.00b18 sheet.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Something is terribly wrong with v2.20. When I enter any value for the experience points (including =AdventurersLogXP, with or without anything actually entered in the log), most of the rest of the tool changes to "#NAME?"! This happens whether I enter the data manually or import the data from a v2.00b18 sheet.

Weird, maybe an issue with the zip file, corrupted? I'll re-zip and upload, please try shortly.

FuzzyMidgett

First Post
Working on those, only partially implemented and work in progress - try typing in Zombie etc. instead of the selection list.

Thanks, typing in Zombie pulled them up.

For the override issue, what exactly is not working with the override and which area (familiar 1 or 2). thanks

Both familiar areas for all 4 Actions. I also tested the Wild Shape areas and all of them seem not to override Actions either. For the Wild Shape this is with a Fighter/Wizard with the "non druid enable" flag set.

Also for the Wild Shapes there is no way to set the proficiency of a skill "off" since blank means keep the current value. I would suggest adding an empty circle in the override drop down. Though I am not sure if this would ever be needed if you are using the Wild Shape area for its intended purpose. I was trying to use it for Necromancy pets.

Thanks for the awesome work on this.

epithet

Explorer
Same issue on Excel 2010, Win10.

Edit: If I download Zenith and make his xp 1 greater than it was, the same error happens. Fields that were already correctly populated with racial info become garbage.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Same issue on Excel 2010, Win10.

Edit: If I download Zenith and make his xp 1 greater than it was, the same error happens. Fields that were already correctly populated with racial info become garbage.

Thanks, its obviously an issue - but with the version of Windows 10 / O365 combination I can't replicate this so can't find the root cause. I'll keep everyone posted.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads