• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flame's Last Flicker is out

Dice4Hire

First Post
And it looks pretty good, almost like an extended Lair Assault where the designers suggest only short rests between the different parts of the module.

Only 9 events, and not all of them combat, so it could be done.

Looks like a fine one-shot adventure for Epic level, and has some good advice for continuing it.

But I want the fire Giant adventure!!!!

Note: Yes, I signed up to DDI for one month to get the Giant Series. I have 7 more days for them to come out with the Fire Giant adventure!!!

Klaus

First Post
And it looks pretty good, almost like an extended Lair Assault where the designers suggest only short rests between the different parts of the module.

Only 9 events, and not all of them combat, so it could be done.

Looks like a fine one-shot adventure for Epic level, and has some good advice for continuing it.

But I want the fire Giant adventure!!!!

Note: Yes, I signed up to DDI for one month to get the Giant Series. I have 7 more days for them to come out with the Fire Giant adventure!!!
The Fire Giant adventure is up.

Pour

First Post
The Fire Giant adventure is up.

What a tour de force it was! The whole new giant series has been a great read, and I imagine will prove a very fun and satisfying play through. Encounters, story, monsters, traps, items, huge maps, beautiful artwork, the bar has been set pretty high for 201+. It's pretty clear Chris Perkins plays 4e readily, and understands how it can be worked. I really hope Dungeon continues to swell with new, quality content along this vein, and not return to the empty cupboard it has been in the past.

4thers deserve issue 200 quality, and beyond, as 5e begins to rear its head. My biggest worry would be the magazines degenerate into 5e previews or, worse, multi-edition content. 4e is still owed a due, and if issue 200 and the quality of the new giant series is any indication, we have some pretty awesome stuff in store for us.

Man, he really did lay the torturous hook out there at the end for us, didn't he, if we'd actually see the D series as an Epic mini-path sometime in the future, culminating in Q1. We can only hope.

mkill

Adventurer
Speaking just for myself, because it diverts resources. I think it's pretty unlikely that we get 4e adventures in Dungeon once 5e launches. They didn't do that during the 2e-> 3e or the 3e-> 4e transition, either.
And how did that work out for WotC?

(For me, "that's what they did during the 3E->4E transition" is a counterargument)

Pour

First Post
And how did that work out for WotC?

(For me, "that's what they did during the 3E->4E transition" is a counterargument)

Just fine, really. I had 4e adventures for the system I played and didn't have to bother playing second fiddle to another edition or convert. Sadly, they didn't go far enough, though. I wanted a lot more 4e material, including new settings and more modules, but it is what it is. The last thing I want is to split resources for the months left to 4e with others. 5e is unification enough, and products like the system-neutral Menzo and Ed's FR make my skin crawl.

Remove ads