• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FileMaker Pro character sheet?

Dimwhit

Explorer
Anyone by chance have one? I was fiddling with FileMaker Pro (v8.5) for another project when I stumbled on the fact that it actually has fairly robust calculation possibilities. And it has great layout features. So I started fiddling around with a character sheet. Other than the daunting data entry needs (particularly for spell sheets), I'm excited about how it might turn out. Anyone beat me to the punch and do one already?

mattcolville

Adventurer
Dimwhit said:
Anyone by chance have one? I was fiddling with FileMaker Pro (v8.5) for another project when I stumbled on the fact that it actually has fairly robust calculation possibilities. And it has great layout features. So I started fiddling around with a character sheet. Other than the daunting data entry needs (particularly for spell sheets), I'm excited about how it might turn out. Anyone beat me to the punch and do one already?

I've thought about it. I used to use FMP all the time.

I made a Monster file that took the D20 SRD info and turned it into records and fields for FMP and then formatted it for 4 x 6 index cards. Super useful but, ultimately, if you wanted to enter your own stuff, it was a pain in the ass.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I've started a sheet. It's taking forever, but I think I came up with a relatively quick way to handle spells.

My main problem is coming up with class-specific areas (turning, wildshaping, spell lists, etc.) without cluttering up the sheet. I don't want to have to use a separate database file for each character. I haven't checked, but if there was a way to hide certain info on a record-by-record basis, I'd be set.

That Monster file could be really useful, though. Nicely done!

jsepeta

First Post
Anyone beat me to the punch and do one already?

i'm building one for 3.5 that's kind of fugly right now but it's getting the job done. still have to add a zillion fields. what's with the original WotC 3.x sheets not putting AC and HP way up at the top of the sheet? and they way they handle spells stinks to. i'd love to see what you've created. not sure yet how to handle 4.0 features (powers) but after dorking with a freeware java-based PCGen, I realized that FMPro would be more appropriate for me since I know it so well. I'd love to see how you want to handle spells; i did a dump of spell descriptions to an fmpro db as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads