• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

extended running for animals

Korgan26

First Post
I am going to be running my PC's through a long distance race and the rules in the book mean a fairly high turnover (death) rate of animals. really I'm looking for away around this so we don't have to go through a herd of mounts. Any thoughts??

Crothian

First Post
Well, long distance races can and usually are very dangerious for the mounts. You could have mounts designed for long distance with the Endurance feat and a higher then usualy Con. You could also have each character with multiple mounts, so the one they ride tires, they switrch to another mount.

heirodule

First Post
Crothian said:
Well, long distance races can and usually are very dangerious for the mounts. You could have mounts designed for long distance with the Endurance feat and a higher then usualy Con. You could also have each character with multiple mounts, so the one they ride tires, they switrch to another mount.

Oddly, all horses already have Endurance.

jgsugden

Legend
Have the PCs use spells that cure exhaustion, fatigue and damage. Enhancing the constiution of the mounts is also a possibility (via an amulet of health).

Remove ads