• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excerpt: Fallcrest

That One Guy

First Post
Lurker37 said:
Come to think of it, wouldn't crop blessings be as common as buying fertiliser in a standard D&D world?

If you can shell out for super phosphate, you can hire someone from the local temple to come bless the crops, especially if it's been proven time and again to have reliable, significant results.

Sooo... if the local crop blesser was to go missing on one of his trips... *adventure hook*! "Find Johan Fieldson before harvest, or we all starve come winter!"
That sounds like a seriously fun hook to me.

Ulthwithian

First Post
Re: The Tiefling's attack modifier, are people including the +1 attack bonus Rogues get with Daggers...? That could explain the discrepancy, I think.

Mirtek

Hero
Fallen Seraph said:
Mhmm, if this doesn't prove once and for all that NPCs can be built using PC rules, nothing will.
I don't think he's build as a PC. He has only one encounter and no dailies. Looks like a normal monster build.

Ashardalon

First Post
beej said:
Regarding the rogue, I have two words for you:

Class. Template. People keep ignoring that they exist. Sheesh.
You'll notice that Orest is neither an elite nor a solo. Templates turn normal monsters into elites, and elites into solos. I see no reason to believe that Orest is the result of a class template.

That One Guy said:
That sounds like a seriously fun hook to me.

There was a short fantasy story I read once (Mother Aegypt by Kage Baker) where someone was going around selling special chicken feed. Unfortunately, this chicken feed was a little TOO effective, and people ended up with giant chickens running around terrorizing people. :)

I think that could make a good hook too - Put the adventurers to work trying to find out who seems to have access to magics that are somewhat beyond their control.

Mirtek

Hero
Colmarr said:
but if the town is rebuilding, it's understandable that people would spread out if they could.
Knowing that the town was already sacked by an invading army, I would expect them to do the exact opposite to try to prevent such a fate from happening again instead of rebuild in such a way as to invite it to happen a second time

hong

WotC's bitch
Mirtek said:
Knowing that the town was already sacked by an invading army, I would expect them to do the exact opposite to try to prevent such a fate from happening again instead of rebuild in such a way as to invite it to happen a second time
What on earth does that mean?

That One Guy

First Post
Contents May Vary said:
I think that could make a good hook too - Put the adventurers to work trying to find out who seems to have access to magics that are somewhat beyond their control.
That's also good. I don't have trouble coming up w/ my own hooks... but the ideas I get from what you two've said are really fun. I think I may have to build some ideas around them.

The_Fan

First Post
He expects people to behave, collectively, as a reasonable individual would.

IOW, the mistake of every social planner in history.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads