• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excerpt: Draconomicon: Famous Dragons

Derren

Hero
That is all?
What's the point of such a list? First, because of this books focus the list lacks all the famous good dragons making it far from comprehensive and second because the information gained from it is minimal. Just look at the entry for Ember for example. It basically only tells us that it was a red dragon, nothing more. That's not very informative.
Or just compare Daurgothoth's entry with the one in Wyrms of the North. The latter one was interesting with Daurgothoth's obsession to magically procreate in order to create the perfect dragon species. That was something useful. The new article just says that there is a undead dragon which collects treasure.

Imo this list is very unnecessary.

PS: I'm not completely up tp date in DL lore, but since when does Mina count as "Hero" (see Malastyx entry=?

Jack99

Adventurer
Gotta say, I have to agree with Derren. That is one EXTREMELY weak preview. Maybe it is just me, but I completely fail to see the purpose of such a list in the book, except as a useless filler. Now, if we get more information about those dragons, sure, then it might work out okay. But as it stands, it's just a waste of paper, as far as I am concerned.

Knight Otu

First Post
Perhaps you did miss something:

That list mentions Calcryx and Nightscale. Of all dragons, a pet wyrmling, and Nightscale, whose name the players are quite unlikely to learn in the adventure. Surely Ashardalon had a bit more influence in the adventure path these two dragons are from, and if you dropped both, surely Ashardalon and Klauth could be easily added? If you make a list of famous dragons, then the dragons on that list should have some claim to fame.

Remove ads