• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic skills

ceratitis

First Post
i've been looking at the epic skills and found that several skills have no epic effect (use magic device,profession, move silently, knowledge, jump, intimidate) and it seems to me any skill at such high levels should have extraordinery effects.
have you any interesting effects for the missing skills?
any cool ideas for other epic skills?

calebw

First Post
you would have to talk to the dm i would think. epic jump would imply that you can leap tall buildings in a single bound and the like. epic move silently could mean you could walk on a creature (like a dragon or a and have them not know you were there. epic knowledge means go stephen hawkins and the like.
just make up some cool stuff, compare it with the absurbness you can do in the epic book, and you are probably golden.

DiceGolem

First Post
I think a lot of the uses for the skills without an epic DC already has it built in. I mean, Move Silently would be opposed to Listen even into the massive bonuses epic grants. Jump already has a pretty crazy DC regardless, and it already scales to whatever length/height you want to jump. The Knowledge skills are alright as far as figuring out monsters are concerned (DC to identify a monster being 10 + HD), especially for things like Undead with massive hit dice.

As for Use Magic Device or Profession, I can see you going the way of the Craft skills and simply adding something like +20 to the DC to perform them faster or more efficiently. I don't know about Intimidate though, the epic usage may be simply the ability to scare a Dragon by saying "boo!"

ceratitis

First Post
woo hoo someone replied
i wa beginning to think i offended someone somehow.
anyway, i'm not playing an epic char myself i was just reading some epic stuff after reading the tales of wyre by sepII in story hour and was wondering if the hivemind could come up with cool epic stuff one can do. i mean just playing a normal acrobat no one thinks about balancing on a cloud (unless you watched the movie "hero" too often ;))
i liked the walking on a dragon idea
maybe combining jump and climb to get the "flying" in the movies "hero" "croucing tiger hidden dragon"
maybe push intimidation up a notch and making it a paralizing mind effect? (not to mention enhanced bowl movments from the weak)
i dont mean game effective uses necesserily, just cool things to do with a skill score over 50...

Remove ads