• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic level incantrix ideas

Izod

First Post
My party is currently level 20. We just got the ELHB and my class isn't one of the PRCs that's listed for levels past 10. I have a few ideas but would like some feedback or even sugestions to better set this class up and to make sure that it's fairly balanced.

Now I'm a sorcerer and this class fits my play style very well because metamagics are my bread and butter so to speak. So I was thinking for incantrix level 11 I could make it such that level 0-3 spells could be cast as meta without an increase in casting time. ie standard action rather than full round action. and then at level 15 level 4-6, and at level 20 7-9.

Do you think this is too powerfull... not powerfull enough... Also it seems that most classes get a new feat or somesuch every other level so what could I put for level 13 and 17?

Crothian

First Post
Classes don't gain new abilities. They just either gain old abilities more times per day or old abilities increase in power. Feats are gained every X levels (2, 3, 4, or 5) depending on what abilities are still being increased. The more abilities being increased, the farther apart epic feats are.

I'd do increase instant metamagic every 3rd level and grant a bonus epic feat every fourth level. So at levels 13, 16, 19, 22 etc you would be able to instant metamagic, and at levels 14, 18, 22 etc you would gain an epic feat.

drowdude

First Post
Well, if you follow the pre-established pattern an epic-incantatrix would gain an additional use of Instant Metamagic every other level... 11, 13, 15, 17, & 19.

And I would probably keep the bonus feat to every 5 levels instead... 15 & 20. Since the class is already pretty bombad as it is.

Crothian

First Post
They only gain they instant metamagic twice. It just happens to be two levels apart at the high end of the class. I didn't consider that a pattern, more coincidence. But your way would be fine also. instant metamagic every odd level, epic feat every 5th level.

Remove ads