• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enterprise 01-16-02 episode

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
SPOILERS!
Kinda refreshing to see them turn tail and run for a bit. Also good to see them rely less on the Vulcan for character sub-plots. Next week they tackle the "Prime Directive" question that's been hanging over their heads. I'm looking forward to that one... :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It reruns on Saturday night here in Chicago, not sure round your neck of the woods since it's on a syndicated format network.

Wolf72

Explorer
A2Z said:
Am I the only one who thought the ship was Romulan at first? I mean the green motif and all. :)

nope, my first guess too

then I thought it was those weird aliens from the 1st episode getting some pay back.

I wanna see them blow up someone else! ... then again that would be bad for intersteller diplomacy wouldn't it?

A2Z

Explorer
I wonder if we'll see these new aliens again. For once they actually looked alien as oposed to humans with bumpy heads. :)

myrdden

First Post
I though the episode was pretty good, but the ending was a bit of a cop out. I was kind of hoping that the "starfleet-enginners-can-do-anything" motiff would be abandoned a bit. Also the "starship-can-be-modified-to-handle-anything" bit sort of reared it's ugly head. :confused:

Still I liked how they turned tail and headed back home when it looked like they were way out of their league. And the aliens looked alien this time.

Oh...and no universal translator...

Myrdden

William Ronald

Explorer
I enjoyed the episode. There are some enemies which can't be reasoned with. I admit that the being able to duplicate three weeks of work at a starbase in 48 hours seemed a little much. However, it showed that the crew was willing to hang tough.

I hope the Prime Directive show is not going to be a loser. The problem with the Prime Directive is that it became a plot crutch for bad episodes in other series. Also, most cultures will historically act in their own interest. (Ideally, it is enlightened self-interest.)

Hmm, it would be nice to see an episode where the Prime Directive is applied ... with disastrous results. (If a plot device prevents the characters from trying to come to grip with a difficult issue, than I must question it. Also, did you ever wonder if applying the Prime Directive offended someone who would be a valuable ally. "You did not help us when we needed it. Why should we help you.")

What I like most about Enterprise is that the characters (and apparently the writers) are willing to take chances. I care more about a character who is willing to take risks than one who seems invincible and indifferent.

Remove ads